How to lower testosterone in women without hormones folk remedies
- The male hormone testosterone is necessarily present in the female body.
- He is responsible for the state of bones and joints, provides a set of muscle mass, affects performance, physical and mental activity.
- Minor fluctuations in the level of testosterone occur constantly, they are associated with the menstrual cycle, pregnancy and other features of the female body.
- However, a sharp increase in male hormones can be hazardous to health, a set of measures will help restore testosterone levels to normal, the most important of which will be a balanced diet.
Why lower testosterone levels in women?
Testosterone in the female body is produced by the adrenal cortex. Normally, its amount ranges from 0.45 to 3.75 nmol per liter. The difference depends on the age, proximity of ovulation and other changes in the body.
In girls under 10 years of age, testosterone levels should not exceed 0.95 n mol per liter; for women during menopause, an increase in the level of male hormone is characteristic.
Testosterone is necessary for the formation of the skeleton, muscle mass, and high physical activity.
Possible interruptions in appetite, a sharp weight gain on the female type, with fatty deposits in the chest, thighs and buttocks.
Despite the benefits to the female body, an excess of testosterone entails many problems.
A significant change in hormonal levels changes the appearance of a woman. It becomes masculine, vegetation appears on the cheeks and chin, while the hair on the head can fall out.
Fluffy hairs on the body become stiff and rough, the skin dries and peels. The figure also changes, muscles increase, fat is deposited in the shoulders and abdomen. A woman’s voice is rough, menstruation becomes irregular, and with a strong increase in testosterone levels, they can completely stop. At the same time, the ability to conceive is reduced.
The sharp increase in male sex hormone affects the condition of internal organs. With prolonged imbalance, malfunctions in the reproductive system are possible, the likelihood of becoming pregnant and having a baby is reduced.
There is a direct relationship between the sharp fluctuations in testosterone and the formation of malignant tumors. Thyroid gland and adrenal glands suffer from jumps in hormones, ovarian function worsens.
To your attention a video about increasing testosterone in women, causes and signs:
How to reduce it by natural methods?
How to lower the hormone level in the body without pills? A set of measures that need to be taken immediately after detecting a problem will help reduce testosterone. The program for stabilizing the hormonal background contains the following items:
- giving up bad habits, especially smoking,
- increase in physical activity,
- stress elimination
- restriction of medicines (antibiotics, steroids and other potent drugs).
Normalize the level of hormones will help moderate physical activity without overvoltage.
Women are shown yoga, stretching, oriental breathing techniques. You can connect walking, swimming, cycling or horseback riding.
It is necessary to abandon strength exercises, exercises with free weights, bodybuilding and other activities related to building excess muscle mass.
It is necessary to devote time to a good rest. Lack of sleep and the lack of sleep at night are harmful to the hormonal background. It is necessary to abandon the shift work schedule, sleep at least 8 hours, connect relaxation techniques. Massage, physiotherapy, therapeutic baths will help relieve stress.
Folk remedies that lower the amount of the hormone
To lower testosterone levels in women, a complex of hormonal agents is prescribed. For those who do not want to take medications, you can try proven and safe folk remedies. Decoctions and infusions of herbs that are drunk are especially useful.
- Mint tea Helps keep testosterone at a stable low level. Women at risk should include it in the daily menu, drinking at least 2 glasses per day.
To prepare a standard filter pack, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for about 5 minutes. You can add honey to the drink, this will increase its benefit.
Flaxseed infusion can lower testosterone levels. It inhibits the synthesis of male hormones and stimulates the production of estrogen. 30 g of raw material is poured into 200 ml of boiling water and insisted in a thermos for at least 2 hours.
After filtering, the infusion is ready for use. They drink it in the morning, immediately after waking up. A single dose is 0.5 cups. The course lasts at least 10 days, but you can take the drug for longer.
Sage broth will help increase estrogen levels. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry grass is poured with 1 cup boiling water and heated for 5 minutes.
Then the broth is infused under the lid for at least an hour and filtered.
The resulting liquid is divided into 4 parts and drunk during the day half an hour before meals.
Dandelion root is used to control testosterone levels.. Fresh washed and peeled roots are ground and poured with boiling water (15 g of root per 300 ml of water).
The mixture is infused in a thermos for 1-1.5 hours, then filtered and drunk in 3 divided doses. The course depends on the condition of the woman, but to achieve a noticeable effect, treatment should last at least a week.
Alcohol tincture of peony evading has a good hormone-lowering effect., which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
If it was not possible to buy the drug, it can be prepared at home. 300 g of crushed root is poured into 0.5 l of medical alcohol or high-quality vodka.
The container is closed with a lid and insisted in a cool place. After a week, the tincture is poured into a dark glass bottle and stored in the refrigerator. In the morning you need to drink 30 drops of the drug, the treatment lasts at least 14 days, followed by a break.
- An important point for normalizing hormonal levels is a balanced diet.
- In the diet menu, you need to include as many products as possible, stimulating the production of the female sex hormone estrogen.
- Among the most useful options are:
- sugar. All sugars enhance the production of insulin, which has a detrimental effect on testosterone. At the same time, it stimulates the production of estrogen.
The best sources of sugar will be honey, jam, sweet fruits, berries and vegetables.
- Dried fruits, especially dried dates. They are rich in easily digestible fructose, potassium, magnesium, iron, a complex of vitamins and amino acids. Dried fruits are eaten as a treat, added to salads and cereals, used to make compotes.
- Oats and oatmeal. Slow down the synthesis of testosterone and stimulate its conversion to estrogen. Oat products are rich in fiber, which provides good digestion and has a beneficial effect on the female body. It is best to eat cereals in the form of cereals cooked in water. In the finished dish you need to add butter, milk, sugar or honey. Sweet fruits or dried fruits will be an excellent supplement.
- Mint. Significantly reduces the activity of testosterone, inhibits its synthesis. Fresh leaves are added to soups and salads. The daily menu includes mint tea, which not only regulates the hormonal level, but also perfectly relaxes and improves the condition of the skin and hair.
- Soya products. Soybeans are a natural source of phytoestrogens that block the synthesis of testosterone. The daily menu includes tofu and soy milk. They are added to ready meals or used for low-calorie snacks.
These products are easily absorbed, contribute to the prevention of malignant tumors and good digestion.
What kind of doctor prescribes treatment for this problem?
- At the first signs of increased testosterone, you need to contact a therapist who will give a referral to an endocrinologist. To establish an accurate diagnosis, a blood test must be taken. It is taken at the beginning of the menstrual cycle, this allows you to get a more reliable result.
In some cases, consultation with a gynecologist or mammologist is necessary. With minor manifestations, the condition can be corrected by diet, rejection of bad habits and increased physical activity. Before you start treatment with herbs, you should consult a doctor.
It is forbidden to take potent drugs uncontrollably, they can significantly harm health.
Increased testosterone is a common problem for women experiencing stress, engaged in power sports, preferring protein foods with a minimum of fats and sugars. A balanced diet, herbal treatment, rest and relaxation will help improve the condition. It is important to visit a doctor on time in order to assess the condition of the body and know your hormonal background exactly.
Testosterone for the female body
The hormone testosterone itself has the following properties:
- responsible for the development of secondary sexual characteristics (in males),
- responsible for the work of spermatogenesis,
- responsible for the hairline,
- responsible for muscle growth,
- able to influence the timbre of the voice,
- able to affect the degree of aggression.
In turn, the female body is noticeably different from the male. If a man needs testosterone, he can only harm a woman. There are norms for hormone levels. One indicator of the hormone does not exist, since its amount in the body directly depends on the age of the woman, for example:
- girls over the age of 10 years: 0.45-3.75 nmol / l,
- in women, it depends on the menstrual cycle (1 phase of the cycle 0.29-1.73 pg / ml, menstrual phase 0.45-3.17 pg / ml, 2 phase of the cycle 0.46-2.48 pg / ml),
- in women after 45 years: 0.5-40.1 pg / ml,
- in women during menopause: 0.1-1.7 pg / ml.
Directly male hormones in the female body are able to influence:
- on the regulation of muscle mass,
- on the regulation of body fat,
- to the work of the sebaceous glands,
- to maintain energy reserves,
- to strengthen bones.
External signs of increased testosterone
If after taking a blood test for the hormone testosterone, its increased indicator is detected, then this is a clear sign of a hormonal disorder in the body. Also, an increase in the hormone in the blood can be determined by external signs, these include:
- a tendency to quickly grease the hair on the head,
- hair loss on the head,
- sleep disturbance,
- facial and body hair growth,
- body constitution change (male figure),
- increased libido
- constant attacks of aggression,
- an increase in clitoris size,
- voice change (gets rougher)
- menstrual irregularities,
- lack of natural ovulation.
In the female body, testosterone acts mainly on the muscles. Directly on this hormone, what kind of muscle will be in consistency. So, for example, with a low testosterone, muscle mass decreases. At the same time, the metabolism begins to slow down, which leads to an increase in adipose tissue.
Normal indicators of the hormone can provide a woman with the right load beautiful and elastic muscles.
Testosterone and bone structure
The condition of the bones also depends on the hormone levels. Testosterone provides strong bones and muscles. During the onset of menopause, hormones tend to decrease, thereby weakening the bones. It is during this period that it is necessary to monitor hormone levels and be sure to achieve hormonal balance in the body.
Testosterone and brain
The hormone can directly affect the sex receptors through brain commands, in other words, sex drive. Also, by acting on the brain, the hormone is able to control the mood of women, regulate the feeling of satisfaction.
With normal levels of the hormone, a woman is able to quickly perceive and remember information, to control her attention.
Causes of Increased Testosterone
The reasons for the increase in the hormone testosterone are diverse. Basically, they do not single out one reason, but as a rule a number of cumulative causes lead to an increased hormone index. These may include both internal and external factors. There are several main reasons:
- pathology from the kidneys (violation of the adrenal glands),
- improper long-term hormone therapy,
- oncological diseases,
- disruption of the ovaries,
- uterine fibroids,
- polycystic ovary,
- disruption of the endocrine system,
- hereditary factors
- alcoholism, drug addiction.
Symptoms of Increased Testosterone
Symptoms of increased testosterone are:
- in violation of the ovaries,
- in amenorrhea,
- in a constant depression
- in a noticeable deterioration of the skin (the formation of acne, which is practically not treatable),
- in sleep disturbance
- in increasing the size of the clitoris,
- in increased sex drive,
- in pain in the lower abdomen,
- in pain in the lumbar region,
- in male type hair
- in increased sweating,
- in infertility
- in changing the timbre of the voice.
Symptoms of Increased Testosterone
To normalize the hormonal background, you must first consult a gynecologist, and after examination and after the results of the analysis, he will determine whether you need to consult other specialized specialists, for example, an endocrinologist.
How to lower hormone levels without medication
In any case, you need to consult a doctor. Since in some cases an increase in testosterone cannot be done without hormonal drugs. The doctor may prescribe a diet. A special diet will normalize hormonal balance. It is recommended to use:
- rice, wheat,
- vegetable oils
- Fresh white bread
Useful and not useful products for lowering testosterone
It is forbidden to consume sweets and alcohol. In moderate amounts, it is allowed to consume a coffee drink, salt. Foods that can lower hormone levels:
- flax seed,
- soy products
- corn oil,
- high sugar fruits
- apples, cherries,
Products that can increase hormone levels:
Exercise recommended. The correct daily routine will help to normalize the hormonal background. To do this, you need to correctly draw up a daily routine in which you must adhere to simple rules, these include:
- It includes the alternation of rest and exercise. At the same time, exercises should not be exhausting, regular. Do not forget that the exercises do not stop after the background is normalized.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day.
- Walks in the open air.
Lower testosterone folk remedies
- Reception of green tea. You need to take the leaves of ordinary tea and mint. Brew in 300 ml of boiling water 2 teaspoons of raw materials. Leave to insist. Take 2 times a day for 1/2 cup.
- Karlikova palm. To do this, take the dry fruits of the dwarf palm, add water and boil for 30 minutes. Cool and take 4 times a day for 1/2 cup.
- Celery and carrots. It is necessary to make juice from carrots and celery. In this case, the juice should be alternated and taken at 200 grams once a day for 2 weeks, no more.
- Flax seed. It is necessary to take 30 grams of raw materials and pour 200 ml of hot water. Leave to insist for 2 hours. Take once a day for half a glass in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Oat cloverTo do this, take oat grains and pour cold water overnight. Boil in the morning for 2 hours, not forgetting to constantly stir. Then you need to strain the resulting mass. Grate a thick mass and mix with a decoction. You should get a lot of jelly. Take 2 times a day for 1/2 cup.
- Red clover. To do this, you need 1/2 cup clover inflorescences, pour 100 ml of boiling water, pour into a thermos and let it brew for a couple of hours. Take 3 times a day, 50 ml, no more than 15 days.
Treatment and hormone therapy
Hormonal drugs are prescribed after taking hormone tests. Since this group of drugs has quite a few side effects:
- vision problems
- increased blood pressure
- weight gain
- breast pain
- With a high indicator of the hormone I prescribe: Jes, Diane -35, Logest, Marvelon, Jeanine.
- Doctors may prescribe glucocorticosteroids: Flutacan, Androcur.
- Drugs that can reduce the level of the hormone with the help of glucose can be prescribed: Siofor, Glucofage.
The main thing to remember is one rule, it is strictly forbidden to take medications to restore hormonal levels on your own.
How to lower testosterone in women without hormones and pills folk remedies?
Along with various hormones in the body of a woman, there are also "male" ones, including testosterone. Without it, the female body is not able to function normally.
However, with an increase in the concentration of this hormone, unpleasant consequences are possible. There are many ways in which you can reduce the number of male hormones in women.
How to normalize their number and why is it dangerous to reduce or increase it?
Why does the female body need male hormone?
Testosterone in the body of the fairer sex plays an important role. This hormone belongs to the androgen series. Lowering or increasing its content leads to significant changes in health.
With the help of male hormone in women, the following processes occur:
- muscle fibers and bone tissue form and grow,
- working capacity, physical and mental activity improves,
- the balance between muscle and adipose tissue is regulated,
- there is a sexual desire
- the sebaceous glands produce the right amount of sebum,
- hair follicles grow
- the formation of follicles in the ovaries is accelerated,
- bone marrow functionality improves
- the body does not reject the fetus during pregnancy,
- the mammary glands are formed correctly.
Women with normal amounts of testosterone are most attractive to men. Such women have elastic muscles and a slender body. They do not get depressed and are almost always in a good mood. Such women are active and successful.
The norm of testosterone for women
The production of testosterone in women is carried out by the adrenal glands and ovaries. Its amount in the body can vary depending on various factors. One of them is the time of day.
In the morning, the figure is the highest, and in the evening it decreases. The morning indicator is considered normal. It can range from 0.45 to 3.75 nmol per liter.
Also, the hormone content depends on the age, time of ovulation, the use of drugs and other things.
Exercise and eating certain foods can also increase the rate. Pregnancy helps increase the hormone in question by 3-4 times.
Causes and signs of an increase in hormone levels
Testosterone in the weaker sex can increase as a result of the following reasons:
- hereditary predisposition
- eating certain foods
- increased adrenal gland activity,
- pituitary pathology,
- tumors of the ovaries and adrenal glands,
- prolonged use of hormonal drugs,
- frequent stresses
- excessive sun tan,
- heavy power loads
- breast cancer.
Ovulation and pregnancy are also factors that increase male hormone. A woman who has increased testosterone for a long time or showed a temporary increase, but many times, will feel it. Symptoms of such an increase are diverse.
The main signs of high levels of male hormone:
- increased hair growth on the legs, arms, back and face (they coarsen and thicken) and hair loss on the head,
- a significant increase in sexual desire,
- muscle growth
- purulent inflammation on the face and chest,
- meager periods, their delays, and sometimes complete disappearance,
- exhaustion or obesity (body weight deviates from the norm depending on the characteristics of the NS),
- bad mood, frequent depression,
- manifestation of male character traits (dryness and stiffness),
- excess sebum production,
- bad dream
- voice coarsening
- pain in the lower abdomen and lower back,
- clitoral enlargement
- breast reduction.
What is dangerous for a woman with excess testosterone?
With an increase in the concentration of male sex hormone in a woman, her psycho-emotional state changes. Then changes of a physical nature are manifested: appearance changes, internal systems and organs fail.
A woman can greatly recover, become rude and tough, lose her emotionality. Often, an increase in the content of the hormone in question becomes the cause of diseases such as diabetes mellitus, tumor and polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, uterine bleeding.
It is difficult for a fairer sex with such a violation to become pregnant. Infertility may occur. For this reason, it is so important to reduce factors that increase the concentration of this androgen.
Drugs prescribed when hormone levels are exceeded
Before taking measures to normalize testosterone levels, the cause of the violation should be identified. To do this, you need to see a doctor and undergo the necessary examinations. Taking pills prescribed for yourself can lead to serious consequences. You can use only those medicines that the doctor will pick up.
Drugs prescribed by doctors with high levels of male hormone:
You can also drink glucose to lower the level of the substance in question. However, you should strictly adhere to the dosage prescribed by your doctor, so as not to provoke the onset of diabetes.
Dietary supplements prescribed as an additional treatment to normalize testosterone:
- royal jelly
- fish fat,
- vitamins C and E,
- complex biologically active additives (VitalWoman, Prostosabal and others).
Is it possible to lower testosterone without hormones and pills?
In the absence of serious deviations in a woman’s body, testosterone levels can be normalized without the use of drugs. They can be replaced with folk remedies, the use of the right foods and the exclusion of the "prohibited." A large role is also played by lifestyle, woman's activity and regular sex.
The basic principle of this diet is to reduce the consumption of animal fats. Seasonal vegetables and fruits are those products that lower the concentration of androgen, so they need to be consumed daily and in large quantities.
Important foods that contain carbohydrates and proteins (fish, chicken, lean meat). A vegetarian diet will not help with this treatment. The daily use of milk, cream and other dairy products is important.
Confectionery and other sweet foods (honey, dates) also belong to lowering testosterone products, as they contribute to increased insulin synthesis. The latter stops the synthesis of testosterone.
Potato, white bread and oatmeal contain low molecular weight sugar, which is useful because it helps to increase the production of estrogen and insulin. Caffeine also refers to substances that reduce the production of the hormone in question, but do not get too carried away with coffee so as not to cause disturbances in the cardiovascular system.
Alcohol-containing drinks should be discarded. Salt consumption should be reduced. It is recommended to eat no more than 3 grams per day. Beans, garlic, almonds, hazelnuts and eggs - these products should also be removed from the diet, as they increase testosterone production.
To reduce the content of sex hormone, you can also use folk remedies:
- Mint. Tea can be made from this herb (1 tbsp. Mint is taken per 0.5 l of boiled water). Drink twice a day in one glass.
- Flax seeds. They make an infusion (pour one tablespoon a glass of boiling water and insist for about an hour). Drink twice a day half an hour before meals.
- Liquorice root. 10 grams of dried chopped roots are poured into 200 ml of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 15 minutes. After half an hour, half a glass of boiled water is added to the resulting mass. Drinking a ready-made infusion is recommended 4 times a day for 1 tablespoon.
- Freshly squeezed carrot juice. It is prepared using a juicer or a blender and taken half a glass 1 time per day for 14 days.
- Oats and elecampane perfectly reduce testosterone. Of them make a decoction. To 50 grams of oats add 70 grams of elecampane roots, pour a liter of water and boil. After half an hour, 30 grams of honey is added to the resulting infusion. Use half an hour before meals twice a day.
Sex and "women's" sports
To reduce the concentration of testosterone, you can play sports, but you need to know what types of activities to choose. Great for yoga, dancing, aerobics, callanetics, Pilates, swimming, walking, horseback riding, cycling. The main thing is to avoid strength exercises that increase the content of male hormone.
However, even “female” sports should not be practiced too often. Twice a week will be enough.
It is important for the full health of a woman to have sex regularly. It is equally important that sexual contact is fun. During orgasm, the production of female hormones and the suppression of male hormones occur.
A correct lifestyle has a beneficial effect on the health of women. In this case, there is also a decrease in the amount of male hormone in the blood.
Key recommendations for lowering testosterone:
- rejection of bad habits,
- compliance with sleep and wakefulness,
- full healthy sleep (at least 7 hours a day),
- drinking enough water (from 2 liters per day),
- stress elimination
- rejection of potent drugs or reduction of their use,
- relaxation with massage, physiotherapy, therapeutic baths,
- rest by the sea.
How to lower testosterone in women without hormones by folk methods
How to lower testosterone in women? This question is of interest to patients. Testosterone is a male sex hormone, it is also found in the female body, but in very small quantities. The amount of this hormone directly affects the normal development and functioning of the reproductive system of the body.
Testosterone in the female body is ten times less than in the male. However, if his level in a woman is lowered, this immediately affects his health. Similarly, elevated levels of male hormones affect the well-being and health status of women.
Testosterone is produced by the adrenal glands and ovaries. In women, it is of great importance for the development of the follicle in the ovaries. With its help, the skeleton is formed, the bone marrow, sebaceous glands perform normal work, it plays an important role in improving mood, the formation of sexual desire.
If the amount of this hormone is normal, the woman has a sexual desire, with increased testosterone hypersexuality is formed, with a lowered test - asexuality. These hormones are necessary for the body of both men and women, since with their help the normal functioning of all body systems is ensured.
Testosterone levels in women are directly related to age. It is increased in young women, lowered after menopause, in pregnant women its level can increase 4 times.
The result of lowering the level of this hormone:
- muscle weakness
- high voice,
- lack of sexual desire
- hair loss,
- skin atrophy
- the occurrence of excess weight.
If the level, on the contrary, is increased, this is manifested as follows:
- hair growth is enhanced, even on the face,
- the voice becomes rude
- aggressiveness increases
- increased sexual desires
- hair falls out on the head.
Therefore, if any of these signs appears, it is better to seek medical help and take a blood test for testosterone.
Preparing for the test
Prepare for analysis should be in advance. 12 hours before blood donation, you can’t eat anything, you can only drink water. The following rules should also be observed:
- do not drink alcohol or smoke on the eve,
- it’s better to donate blood on the 6-7th day of the menstrual cycle,
- two days before taking the test, you should not engage in sexual relations and engage in heavy physical work.
If the results of the analysis show deviations in one direction or another, you need to see a doctor to prescribe treatment.
Reasons for Level Up
The reasons for the elevated levels of this hormone can be:
- hyperfunction of the adrenal glands, resulting in a rapid increase in the amount of this hormone,
- with ovarian diseases, for example, cancer, the conversion of testosterone to glucocorticoids is disrupted,
- pituitary dysfunction,
- malnutrition with lots of sweets and animal fats,
- taking certain medications, such as steroids, barbiturates and hormonal birth control pills,
- genetic predisposition.
An increase in hormone levels also occurs during ovulation and in later pregnancy. But this is not dangerous, because over time, the level of testosterone on its own normalizes.
How to reduce the level of male hormones? An increase in the number of androgens in women can lead to menstrual irregularities and even the absence of ovulation, which leads to infertility.
How to lower testosterone in women? It is necessary to consult a doctor. Most often in this case, drugs such as Dexamethasone, Diane 35, Digoxin, Digitalis are prescribed. To reduce this androgen, glucose and glucocorticosteroids can be taken. But these hormonal drugs have contraindications and side effects, so you can’t take them yourself.
They can only be prescribed by a doctor after examination and diagnosis. If treatment is successful, testosterone levels return to normal. But it is extremely important to constantly monitor its level, since after the end of treatment it can increase again.
Various dietary supplements can be used to treat, but only under the supervision of a physician.
Testosterone levels can be reduced with proper nutrition. Sugar and sugar products increase the level of insulin in the blood, and insulin is an obstacle to the synthesis of the hormone. However, excessive consumption of sugar, cakes, chocolate, sweets can adversely affect the figure.
But instead of sweets, you can use complex carbohydrates, fructose, which are found in vegetables and fruits. To reduce testosterone, you need to eat cereals from various cereals.
Animal fats, by contrast, should be used as little as possible on the menu, and saturated fats should generally be excluded from the diet. It is better to drink coffee and alcohol less often, as they, after a slight decrease in the level of the hormone, then increase it for several days.
The following products are useful:
- fresh juices,
- vegetables and fruits,
- milk and dairy products.
You should abandon products containing zinc and magnesium, as they stimulate the production of testosterone. You need to change your lifestyle. In this case, adequate sleep is very important. You need to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
Physical activity will help, but not excessive. You can do aerobics, dancing, swimming.
How to reduce testosterone using traditional medicine. Traditional medicine can help in this case.
A good effect can be achieved by taking infusions and decoctions of various medicinal plants. Tea or infusion of mint leaves will help. Dried mint, tincture of it can be purchased at pharmacies.
Using two cups of peppermint tea a day, you can achieve good results in a week.
There are many drugs based on the black cohosh herb. At the pharmacy you can buy it in the form of an extract. Take it at 20-40 milligrams twice a day.
You can buy in the pharmacy dry dwarf palm fruits, tincture based on it or extract. Take 150-300 milligrams of extract or tincture per day. Dry fruits are poured with hot water, simmer for several minutes. Take 100 milligrams three times a day.
Licorice effectively helps. Licorice root is poured with boiling water and cool. Drink a glass three times a day. Apply decoctions and tinctures of marin root, sacred vitex, Vorontsov racemose.
You can add flax seed to your food. It contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids and a lignan substance that can lower testosterone levels. In order to better digest flax seed, grind it and sprinkle food on it. Lignans are still in sesame.
It is only necessary to remember that pregnant women and breastfeeding should not take these funds. In general, treatment with traditional medicine can have contraindications and side effects, so it is better to carry out it under the supervision of a doctor.
How to reduce male hormones by other means? Yoga helps reduce testosterone in women. During these classes, physical and spiritual harmony is achieved, the body is cleansed of toxins, the work of all organs is regulated, and hormonal balance is restored. But in order to achieve the desired results, constant training and improvement of technology are necessary.
There is an opinion that acupuncture helps reduce the content of male hormones. However, the effectiveness of this method has not been proven.
A good way to lower testosterone levels is to have regular sex, which contributes to the intense production of female hormones.
Elevated blood testosterone in women is the result of some reason. If this reason is eliminated, the hormone content is normalized.
How to lower testosterone in women with pills, herbs, medicines, folk remedies
Although testosterone is considered a male sex hormone, women also produce a small amount of it in the ovaries and adrenal glands. Together with estrogens, this androgen plays a role in the development and maintenance of the female reproductive system and bone mass. These hormones also affect behavior.
With normal production, testosterone performs its work in the female body and does not have any negative effect. However, in some cases, hormonal balance is disturbed, and male hormone begins to be produced in excessive quantities. The causes of increased testosterone in women are most often:
- insulin resistance
- taking hormones or OK (COC) and their subsequent cancellation,
- imbalance of estrogen and progesterone,
- excessive physical activity or, on the contrary, their almost complete absence,
- high levels of leptin - a hormone that should control appetite,
- adrenal disease, increased DHEA, stress.
The most noticeable symptoms of high testosterone in women are:
- sudden weight gain or difficulty with losing weight,
- male type hair loss, while thyroid function is not impaired,
- acne, discoloration, very oily skin (deep cystic acne, especially in the chin area),
- mood changes, including depression, irritability, or anger,
- an imbalance of other hormones, including the ratio of estrogen to progesterone, other androgens (DHEA), and thyroid hormones, may be disturbed.
In the presence of these symptoms, it is important to donate blood not only to total, but also to free testosterone. Often it is he who is promoted, while total. T may be normal.
How to reduce testosterone in women: treatment methods
Before lowering testosterone in a woman, it is important to find out the cause of the high level of the hormone. The method of treatment and the result will depend on it.
- How to lower testosterone elevated due to insulin resistance
With insulin insensitivity, it is useful for women to increase their physical activity and add exercises to build muscle mass in training. In addition, it is necessary to change the diet, namely, to reduce the intake of refined carbohydrates - sugars, bread, pasta, etc.
After consulting a doctor, you can start taking the hormone T3 to enhance thyroid function (if necessary).
To increase the sensitivity to the hormone insulin, women are also prescribed metformin, SGLT-2 inhibitors, GLP-1, alpha-amylase inhibitors.
Berberine (1000–2000 mg per day), alpha-lipoic acid (600–1200 mg per day), magnesium, chromium and PGX fiber / fiber are also effective supplements for insulin resistance, all of which reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
Treating insulin resistance takes time. This disorder is very common among overweight women and problems with its loss.
- How to lower testosterone in a woman, if the cause is an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone
It is important to make sure that the thyroid gland is working properly, since hypothyroidism causes estrogen dominance and low progesterone levels. Next, it is necessary to ensure the normal metabolism of female hormones. For this, the liver must work correctly, and the vitamins of group B should be normal.
In the case of menopause, women benefit from substitution therapy with bioidentical forms of the hormones progesterone and / or estradiol.
Estrogen metabolism supplements are also useful: vitamin B12 (preferably methylcobalamin), 5-MTHF (folic acid, 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate), DIM or indole-3-carbinol, milk thistle, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), bioidentical progesterone (20-40 mg transdermally from the 14th to the 28th day of the menstrual cycle as prescribed by the doctor).
The best way to check the imbalance of estrogen and progesterone is to use a DUTCH test using urine rather than a blood test.
If a woman is experiencing symptoms of increased estrogen, but still has a normal blood test for estradiol, it can be helpful to confirm it with DUTCH.
Also, special attention should be paid to the function of the thyroid gland, since an imbalance in its work can cause both a low level of progesterone and a high level of estrogen.
- Treatment for high testosterone with adrenal gland problems
In this case, doctor V. Childs recommends increasing the intake of salt (Himalayan pink or Celtic sea). Control stress with relaxing techniques such as yoga, meditation, prayer, walking, or outdoor recreation.
Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake. Avoid taking stimulant medications. Sleep 8 hours and do not engage in high-cost (in terms of energy consumption) chores before going to bed.
Consult your doctor about taking adaptogens, vitamins B6 and C, low doses of melatonin (if you have trouble sleeping).
Problems related to the adrenal glands can be very difficult to treat, so medical treatment is probably not enough in this case. You can also check your cortisol levels during the day with DUTCH urine tests or in the lab.
- How to reduce testosterone in a woman with leptin resistance
Reduce your intake of carbohydrates and sugary foods. Treat thyroid and insulin resistance, if any. Enter a workout on your daily routine. Consider taking a supplement, Byetta, Victoza, Symlin, with your doctor. Zinc, fish oil, and leucine may also be beneficial.
Leptin resistance can be very difficult to treat; this condition can worsen insulin insensitivity and thyroid problems.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
One of the symptoms of polycystic ovary is an excess of testosterone in the body of a woman. At the same time, PCOS itself can be caused by problems with insulin, being overweight, or impaired adrenal gland function. It is important that the gynecologist-endocrinologist can find the root cause and prescribe treatment specifically for her.
HOW TO REDUCE TESTOSTERON IN WOMEN WITHOUT HORMONES
Using proper nutrition can slightly reduce the level of male hormone. Food, herbs and alternative methods will not completely replace other methods of treatment, medicines and pills, but can help with minor disorders or as an additional remedy.
Fatty fish are a source of Omega-3 acids. In particular, it is useful to add salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel, trout and herring to the diet. Fish oil can lower triglycerides, cortisol, FSH and homocysteine, which are often elevated in PCOS, obesity, and excess testosterone in women.
Nuts are also a good source of healthy fats. One study conducted on 31 women with PCOS showed that walnuts increase sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), and almonds decrease the free testosterone index. Women consumed nuts containing 31 g total fat per day for 6 weeks.
Tea with mint has an antiandrogenic effect - two cups a day is enough. Experience has shown that after a month of treatment with such a folk remedy in women, free and total testosterone levels decrease, and LH and FSH increase.
One of the Jordanian experiments conducted on 25 women showed that tea with marjoram (twice a day for 30 days) can significantly reduce the androgen DHEA-S. This Mediterranean herb can be added not only to tea, but also to food.
Flax seeds are an excellent source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids. They also have antiandrogenic properties.
30 g of flaxseed for 4 months reduce the total serum testosterone level by 70%, free testosterone by 89% (and 65% in percentage terms).
In addition, the experiment showed that women also lose weight and increase insulin sensitivity.
The best way to consume them is to grind them into flour and add them to drinks, foods, and dishes.
In ancient Japanese medicine, the properties of anti-androgen are attributed to Red Reishi mushrooms. It is believed that they are able to inhibit testosterone and reduce the level of 5-alpha reductase, preventing the conversion of testosterone to a more powerful DHT. Reishi mushrooms have a slightly bitter taste, so they are often brewed in tea, but they can be cooked and added to dishes.