Recovery after circumcision, dressing and care, consequences: edema, hematoma
Circumcision or circumcision is the surgical intervention to remove prepuce. Prepuce is the foreskin covering the glans penis.
Today this intervention is for religious (in Islam or Judaism) or medical reasons: with cicatricial phimosis, skin diseases and inflammatory processes of the urinary tract.
What awaits after circumcision? This worries many parents. In this article, we will take a detailed look at what care for circumcision in boys consists of.
Male circumcision: how to care after surgery?
Proper care of the child after circumcision is very important for recovery without complications. This will not only reduce pain in the penis, but will also serve as a preventive measure for the development of adhesions, infections and bleeding.
In violation of the rules for caring for the penis after circumcision, lymphatic edema may develop, accompanied by the separation of purulent exudate. This condition is manifested by the appearance of hyperemia and inflammation in the head of the penis.
Postoperative suture may swell and deform. When an infection gets on the wound surface, the child has symptoms of intoxication: fever, weakness, headache, nausea.
Further, more about what is the care of children after circumcision and how much does it heal after circumcision in children?
Healing after circumcision in a child
After circumcision, a small suture remains on the surface of the penis. The skin of the penis is fastened with self-absorbable threads, so there is no need to consult a doctor to remove them.
In the first 1-3 days, the penis looks swollen, may have a cyanotic or crimson color, lymph is separated from the wound surface - a clear, colorless or yellowish liquid.
This is a normal condition that does not require medical intervention.
If the pain after surgery is so pronounced that painkillers do not work, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Healing after circumcision in children can take 2 to 5 weeks. During this period, postoperative scars should disappear.
In the next 2-3 months, it is necessary to carefully observe the hygiene of the genitals. Depends on how long circumcision in children.
In young children, the circumcision procedure is somewhat easier than in adolescents. This is due to the fact that infants have a thin, rapidly regenerating epithelium, and the postoperative wound is very small. In addition, involuntary erections, often occurring at puberty, in rare cases can cause tension or deformation of the suture.
The question is how much does the child heal after circumcision, everything is clear, but can this process be accelerated and facilitated?
High-quality care after circumcision in children is necessary for quick and painless recovery after circumcision.
When conducting postoperative procedures, a number of recommendations must be observed:
- The first dressing is performed 1-2 days after circumcision. Do not remove bandages during this time. It is recommended that you do not use diapers for young children to avoid wet dressings.
- Dressings need to be carried out regularly. On average, bandages are changed 3-6 times a day with regularity. As the suture heals, the frequency of dressings is reduced to 1 time per day.
- If fibrin is released from the wound - a yellowish liquid that forms a film on the surface of the penis, then when removing the bandage, hydrogen peroxide, chamomile broth or a weak solution of potassium permanganate should be used.
In this case, a wet bandage can be easily removed and does not injure the skin of the penis.
Remember that how long male circumcision heals depends on care and hygiene.
Further, how to treat boys after circumcision and what to smear after circumcision in a child?
Care after circumcision in a child includes the use of different methods.
To prevent infection of the suture and the development of inflammatory processes, the wound surface of the penis should be treated with special agents that accelerate healing:
- Bandage and suture treatment. You can use a weak solution of potassium permanganate or brilliant green, infusion of chamomile or sage.
You can also use pharmacological preparations: Betadine solution from a ratio of 1 ml per 100 ml of water, 3% hydrogen peroxide, furatsilin in the proportions of 1 tablet per 100 ml of water. Antibiotic ointments: Levomekol, Gentamicin, Tetracycline or Geoxysone. The product is applied 2-3 times a day with a clean cotton swab. When treating a wound, you do not need to press on it or try to rub the ointment into the skin.
Before using drugs with an antibacterial effect, be sure to consult a doctor.
Suture treatment must be carried out with clean hands or in disposable medical gloves.. For dressing, use sterile bandages and napkins or cotton pads.
Care after circumcision in boys also includes the use of special underwear. Read about it later.
Using special laundry
In addition to various pharmacological agents for children, there is a special underwear that accelerates recovery after circumcision in children.
Trunks for cutting have a special rigid frame insert that protects the penis from injury or dust. In addition, in such a product after circumcision, the child cannot comb the seams or tear off the bandage.
Quality trunks after trimming should be made of cotton. Pay attention to how the child feels in them: whether he is squeezing a belt or elastic bands, whether there are any rubbing skin parts.
You can buy this linen in pharmacies, on special sites and in some children's clothing stores. Also, in some private clinics, such trunks are included in the price of circumcision.
The postoperative period will be much more painless using this underwear.
Circumcision is a simple operation, but requires a sufficiently long rehabilitation period. During the entire recovery time after circumcision, the child must carefully observe hygiene, monitor the well-being of the child and follow the doctor's recommendations. How to care for a child after circumcision, you now know.
We hope that the information presented in the article was useful to you. We tried as much as possible to talk on the following topics: what is circumcision in boys, care after circumcision, and what should be done after circumcision in a child at home? By following these recommendations, you can maintain the health of your child.
What are the normal symptoms after circumcision?
At the end of the operation, the doctor fastens the tissue with surgical sutures, treats the sutures with an antiseptic and applies a sterile dressing. Usually they use self-absorbable suture material, which should not be pulled and attempted to be pulled out during home care. If the surgeon decides to use classic threads, then the sutures will be removed on an outpatient basis on days 4-5.
The foreskin is equipped with many vessels, therefore, when it is damaged, blood or a bloodline is released. This is normal and with proper care, the wound will heal without a trace. In some patients, the temperature after circumcision may increase in the first day. Inevitable side effects are also:
- swelling of the penis
- painful sensation
- cyanotic or crimson color of the penis,
- separation from the wound surface of a colorless or yellowish liquid.
Important! If the head is covered with a blood crust or scab, it cannot be removed, otherwise the wound may bleed.
Is it possible to do circumcision at home?
Many men are interested in how to do circumcision at home, and is it possible to carry out such a procedure on their own? Consider this issue from a theoretical and practical point of view. If in theory, then the manipulation does not present any difficulties, so it is quite possible to carry out circumcision at home. The operation is not intracavitary, therefore, opening the cavity is not required. Performing the procedure yourself is easy.
This information is confirmed by numerous reviews on thematic sites on the Internet. But whether you need to do this yourself, the question is different. If you think about it, there is a certain risk of complications after the procedure, which was carried out by the doctor. Therefore, to say that a man, not having a medical education, will do everything right, at least, is pointless.
Interesting: if we study non-medical, but more competent sources, then the rabbis argue that circumcision should be carried out by a specially trained rabbi (moel), and not a medical specialist. Manipulation is carried out in the synagogue or circumcised in men at home, but also not independently.
From a practical point of view, circumcision at home can be done, but the procedure is quite complicated and time-consuming. She will not consider cases when the manipulation at home is carried out by a highly qualified surgeon, despite the fact that technically it is also the removal of the foreskin of the house. Consider the picture when a man himself or with the help of a supporter who is not a doctor does circumcision.
To do circumcision at home, the following conditions must be met:
- Sterility. Any medical procedure involves a violation of the integrity of the skin, and pathogenic microorganisms, viruses and infections easily penetrate the wound surface.
- Expendable materials. For manipulation you will need disposable gloves, bandages, cotton wool, antiseptic drugs.
- Instruments for surgical intervention. During the operation, special clamps, scissors, threads and needles for seams are used.
Of course, another condition is the courage of a man. Nowhere without her. Anesthesia is also required.If the procedure is performed without pain relief, the likelihood of pain shock and poor outcome increases significantly.
Circumcision at home is carried out by the following method:
- You should boil the entire medical instrument, put on latex gloves, and treat the work surface with an antiseptic. The reproductive organ is also treated, anesthesia is performed. It can be an injection with lidocaine or ultracaine,
- Then the cut line is conditionally marked. In this case, the foreskin must be pulled so that the line is located behind the head of the reproductive organ,
- Trim the foreskin, after pouring the entire surface with hydrogen peroxide, apply a tight bandage,
- If something went wrong during home circumcision, you don’t need to pull it, you need to immediately call a team of medical specialists.
Fact: Self-circumcision has various consequences. First of all, this is bleeding, since the foreskin is equipped with large blood vessels and the smallest capillaries. The development of pain shock against the background of insufficient anesthesia is not ruled out, with severe pain the hand may “twitch”, as a result of which the penis is injured - the consequences are unpredictable and very diverse.
It is impossible to guarantee a favorable outcome of home manipulation. Something can always go wrong, as a result of which problems will have to be treated for a long period of time. In order to avoid harmful consequences, it is recommended to seek medical advice.
The use of ointments
Consider how to handle penis after circumcision at home. For faster healing of the wound, it is necessary to apply such therapeutic ointments:
- Medications that help remove the bandage painlessly. It is necessary to soak it, because it can stick to the penis. For this purpose, a solution of potassium permanganate, a decoction of chamomile, hydrogen peroxide or a weak solution of Furacilin is used.
- Ointments with antibacterial effect. Post cuttingin boys such means are required in cases when strong inflammatory processes are observed in the area of the glans penis. To eliminate them, such ointments are used: Levomekol, Tetracycline, Geoxisone, as well as their analogues.
- Anesthetic creams and ointments. It is advisable to use such drugs when the skin surface on the penis is covered with a film or postoperative crust. This usually occurs on the fourth day after surgery. Apply such funds should be 3 times a day with a thin layer. The most common local painkillers are: Baneocin, Betadine, D-Panthenol and more.
Before how to treat a child after circumcision, you should know that you cannot use cotton wool for this purpose. Her small villi can get into the wound, which will cause discomfort in the baby.
It's important to know! Before bandaging the penis of the child, wash your hands thoroughly! Manipulate in sterile medical gloves.
The use of special underwear
Along with medicines, there is a special underwear, the wearing of which contributes to a faster recovery after circumcision. In pharmacies and specialty stores sold underpantswhich is useful to wear after circumcision. They have a rigid frame insert, which prevents the genital from injury and dust. In addition, such panties block access to the penis. That is, the child will not be able to touch the seams or tear off the bandage.
High-quality linen after cutting is made of cotton fabric. When buying, you should pay attention to the fact that the panties do not press in the belt, and also that there are no rubbing elements.
The recovery period after removal of the foreskin using such shorts will pass more quickly and painlessly.
Excision of the foreskin is a fairly simple operation from a medical point of view. But it requires a relatively long period of rehabilitation. During this time, parents must provide the child with the necessary hygienic care for the damaged genital organ. Otherwise, circumcision can lead to such complications:
- infection of the postoperative wound,
- the discovery of bleeding
- the occurrence of cosmetic defects, such as the formation of scars and scars, curvature of the penis, etc.
- the healing process takes a long period,
- weakening of the sensitivity of the penis, which will cause problems in sexual relations in adulthood,
- trauma to the glans penis.
Also, with insufficient care of the baby's penis, it may be necessary to conduct repeated circumcision.
Another problem that a child may encounter is anesthetic risk, since in some cases the operation is performed under general anesthesia. With insufficient study of the baby's body, he may experience such anesthetic complications: vomiting, allergic reactions, fever. Therefore, each parent needs to be serious about circumcision in a child. It is required to study in detail the rules for the care of the baby's genitals in the postoperative period, as well as regularly take the baby for examinations to the attending physician. He will be able to correctly assess the dynamics of recovery.
Rules for the use of medicines
The healing process depends on the human body. In some people, skin regeneration occurs quite quickly, in others it takes a long period of time.
To get a good result, you need to provide adequate care for postoperative wounds.. For this, the doctor selects drugs for the healing of damaged areas.
The following factors affect the speed and features of recovery:
- regularity of procedures
- materials that are used for processing joints.
One of the key rules for the care of damaged areas of the dermis is compliance with sterility rules. Wounds are treated with exceptionally well-washed hands. For this purpose, carefully sanitized instruments must be used.
Depending on the characteristics of the damage, the seams are treated with such antiseptics:
- Potassium permanganate solution - it is important to strictly adhere to the dosage. This will help prevent burns.
- Medical alcohol.
- Fukartsin - the drug is rubbed off the surface with great difficulty. This can cause discomfort.
- Hydrogen peroxide - may cause a slight burning sensation.
- Anti-inflammatory ointments or gels.
In addition, you can treat the wound with an effective antiseptic - Chlorhexidine. In any case, before starting therapy, you should definitely get a doctor's consultation.
To speed up the healing process, you must follow the wound healing algorithm:
- sanitize hands and devices that will be used,
- gently remove the dressing from the wound,
- with a gauze swab or cotton swab, apply an antiseptic to the seam,
- apply a bandage.
Caring for a postoperative suture requires compliance with certain conditions:
- processing should be performed 2 times a day, but if necessary, this amount can be increased,
- it’s important to systematically check the wound for inflammation,
- to avoid the formation of scars, do not remove dry crusts,
- hard sponges should be avoided during water procedures
- if complications such as redness, swelling, or purulent secretion occur, consult a doctor immediately.
Healing and resorption preparations
Many people are interested in how to process a postoperative suture for better healing. For this purpose, you can use a variety of means.
- vast spectrum of action,
- creating a film on the surface of the wound - this avoids excessive dryness of tissues,
- dermis nutrition
- ease of use
- mitigation and clarification of scar defects.
It is important to consider that wet wounds are not allowed to be treated with ointments. They are prescribed after the healing process begins.
Depending on the nature and degree of damage to the dermis, the following types of drugs are used:
- simple antiseptic agents - suitable for treating shallow wounds,
- drugs with hormonal ingredients - used for extensive injuries that are accompanied by complications.
Properly selected ointment for healing postoperative sutures allows you to achieve excellent results. The most effective means include the following:
- Vishnevsky ointment - It is considered one of the most affordable drawing drugs. With its help, it is possible to accelerate the recovery process after purulent processes.
- Levomekol - has a combined effect. Thanks to the use of the drug, it will be possible to achieve an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. The substance is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. The tool can be used for purulent discharge.
- Vulnuzan - The substance is made on the basis of natural ingredients. It can be applied to the wound and dressing.
- Levosin - Helps to cope with germs, eliminate inflammation and stimulate the healing process.
- Stellanin - a new generation tool. With its help, it is possible to eliminate edema and cope with the infection. The drug perfectly restores the structure of the epithelium.
- Eplan - It is considered one of the strongest local remedies. The substance has pronounced analgesic properties and helps to cope with the infection.
- Solcoseryl - produced in the form of a gel and ointment. The gel is applied to a fresh wound, and the ointment is used after the healing process begins. The tool minimizes the risk of scars and scars. The substance is recommended to be applied under a bandage.
- Actovegin - It is considered a cheaper analogue of Solcoseryl. With its help, it is possible to cope with inflammation and avoid the appearance of allergies. Therefore, the drug can be used even during pregnancy and lactation. The agent can be applied directly to the affected area of the dermis.
- Agrosulfan - has bactericidal properties, has antimicrobial and analgesic effects.
In addition, you can choose an effective ointment or cream for resorption of postoperative sutures. The most effective remedies from this category include the following:
- Naftaderm - has anti-inflammatory characteristics. With the help of this substance, it is possible to cope with pain and soften scars.
- Contractubex - used in the healing phase. With its help, it is possible to achieve a softening effect in the area of scars.
- Mederma - Increases skin elasticity and helps lighten scars.
Postoperative suture healing patch also helps to achieve good results.. This tool is a plate that holds the cut area together and supplies the wound with the necessary substances.
Thanks to the use of a special patch, it is possible to achieve such results:
- prevent bacterial microorganisms from entering the wound,
- absorb the discharge from the damaged area,
- provide air flow to the seam area,
- make the seam softer and smoother
- keep the necessary moisture in the scar area,
- prevent overgrowth of the seam,
- avoid subsequent damage to the injured area.
All medicines must be selected by a doctor.. The specialist must tell you how to care for the affected area.
Any options for self-medication are strictly prohibited, since there is a risk of suppuration of the wound and the progression of inflammation.
To speed up the healing process of the affected areas, you need to use folk recipes.Today there are quite a few effective tools:
- Healing cream. To make it, you need to take 2-3 tablespoons of nutritious cream, add 1 drop of rosemary oil and the same amount of orange oil. The resulting composition to treat the affected areas of the dermis.
- Tea tree oil. With this tool, you need to lubricate the wound immediately after the intervention. Subsequently, the procedure is performed for a week.
- Ointment based on goose fat and berries of Japanese sophora. This tool significantly accelerates wound healing. To make it, you need to mix a couple glasses of dried fruit with 2 glasses of fat. Instead of goose, you can use badger fat. The resulting composition is recommended to be heated for 2 hours in a steam bath. Then the product must be heated 1 time for 3 days. On day 4, the composition is brought to a boil and removed from the stove. It is recommended that the prepared ointment be thoroughly mixed and placed in a glass container. A small amount of the composition is applied to the dressing and applied to the seams.
- Tincture of the livestock. A couple of spoons of crushed plant roots should be mixed with a glass of water and the same amount of alcohol. The resulting tool is recommended to treat damaged areas.
- Useful Beeswax Ointment. For its manufacture, you need to mix 100 g of wax and 400 g of sunflower oil. Put the composition on the stove and cook for at least 10 minutes. When the composition cools down, it is applied to the bandage and applied to the affected area.
To speed up the healing process of postoperative sutures, it is very important to provide good care for damaged areas of the dermis. For this purpose, drugs and folk remedies are actively used.
Before using any product, you should always consult a doctor. Self-medication can lead to dangerous consequences in the form of serious inflammation.
Phimosis: surgery and reviews in adult men
If doctors treat phimosis in men with surgery, reviews of this procedure depend on the correctness of the actions of specialists. At medical forums, many male patients share their experience of undergoing surgery to get rid of phimosis. Among the positive aspects of surgical intervention for narrowing the foreskin, men distinguish:
- fast cropping (the duration of the operation is about 1 hour),
As for complaints and dissatisfaction with the operation to eliminate phimosis, they are most often associated with the following factors:
- removal of the foreskin leads to coarsening of the skin on the head of the penis,
- in the postoperative period, bleeding from the joints occurs
- more thorough penile hygiene is required,
- suppuration of sutures and postoperative wounds,
- the development of inflammation in the urethral canal or around the opening of the urethra,
- the need for therapeutic measures at home during the rehabilitation period,
- there is still a chance of repeated surgical intervention aimed at the plastic of the deformed genital organ or the restoration of the correct contours of the urethra.
Surgery with partial or complete excision of the foreskin is called circumcision and is carried out for children for various reasons (religious, medical, preventive).
Care after circumcision in boys must be carried out correctly so that the recovery period is faster and there are no serious complications.
What awaits the baby after the operation, and how to provide comfortable conditions for a speedy recovery?
High-quality care of the penis in the postoperative period not only prevents the occurrence of unpleasant consequences, but also allows you to relieve pain.In case of violation of medical prescriptions, lymphatic edema may develop, accompanied by separation of pus, inflammation, and an increase in temperature.
After surgery, a small suture remains on the surface of the penis.
The skin of the flesh during the procedure is sutured with a self-absorbable medical thread, which does not require additional medical attention and subsequent removal.
At discharge, experts say how to treat a wound after circumcision in a child at home and prescribe appropriate medications.
In the first day, the member swells, may acquire a cyanotic or burgundy color. Lymphatic fluid separates from the surface of the wound. This is a normal phenomenon that does not need medical attention.
Upon completion of circumcision in children, boys need to figure out how to care after the operation and carefully monitor the condition of the child.
After all, this procedure is rather painful, and the pain syndrome may not go away even when using analgesic drugs. In this case, consultation and examination of a doctor is required.
Infants are easier to tolerate circumcision. This is due to the fact that they have a thin elastic epithelium, which quickly regenerates, and the postoperative wound itself is small in size.
In addition, an involuntary erection, often occurring at puberty, will not cause tension and will not damage the suture.
With a question of what circumcision looks like in boys, you can contact your doctor, who will also tell you how to care for genital organs after surgery. If you suspect an infection and the appearance of other unpleasant symptoms, you must seek emergency medical attention.
Often, boys are circumcised in infancy, when they still can not take care of themselves on their own. Therefore, parents should know what to do after circumcision. The basic rules for caring for a baby are based on the following recommendations:
- Treatment of a wound remaining on the genitals. It is prone to infection, which can cause inflammation. Until complete healing, the wound is regularly lubricated with antiseptic agents. It is also treated with potassium permanganate after circumcision in a child with Streptocide after the procedure. Independently remove the thread from the foreskin is prohibited.
- Wiping with wet wipes instead of bathing. You can not resort to water procedures for the first few days.
- Wearing special underwear and choosing comfortable clothing. This avoids unwanted friction and trauma to the healing flesh.
- The use of medications. In the first postoperative days, not only in children, but also in adults, fever is possible. This is normal, as is pain. They are stopped with analgesics.
Important! How much a wound heals after circumcision in a child depends on the individual characteristics of the body, compliance with hygiene rules and the recommendations of a doctor. Rehabilitation usually lasts from two to five weeks.
How to treat a child after circumcision must be told and shown by a specialist. Especially important during this period is high-quality dressing:
- On the second day after surgery, the first dressing is done. Until this time, you can’t touch it. Diapers are not used until complete recovery so that the bandages are not wet.
- Dressing after circumcision is carried out from three to six times a day. As the foreskin regenerates, the frequency of dressing changes is reduced to once per day.
- When a yellowish film (fibrin) appears, the dressing before removal is soaked in herbal decoction, a weak solution of potassium permanganate, and hydrogen peroxide. When the bandage gets wet, it can be removed. This will avoid injury to the wound and suture.
- Toddler dressing is carried out after each bowel movement.Urine and feces are wiped with wet wipes / cotton pads in the direction from the penis to the stomach.
- If a diaper is used, a baby should not be allowed to stay in it for long periods. A humid warm environment is an ideal place for the reproduction of pathogenic flora.
- Do not allow the baby to fiddle with the organ, climb there with his hands and remove the bandage. This threatens infection and injuries of the postoperative suture.
- Bathing the baby is allowed two to three days after the operation. Only soap should be present in the water. Other fragrance cosmetics should not be added.
- Care after circumcision requires strict adherence to bed rest in the first three to four days.
Modern pharmaceutical companies produce many special products that greatly facilitate the care of a child after circumcision. For example, the Kaltostat dressing is widely used with analgesic and absorbent effects. It is applied to the genitals after circumcision. Within 48 hours, it absorbs moisture and relieves pain, after which it disappears.
The use of ointments
In addition to explaining how to do bandaging after circumcision, the doctor explains how to process the sutures and the surface of the wound. From pharmaceutical preparations are actively used:
- A solution of brilliant green, potassium permanganate, 3% hydrogen peroxide, an infusion of pharmacy chamomile for removing bandages and seam processing. Betadine in solution or furatsilin is no less effective (half a glass of water is taken on a whole tablet of furatsilin).
- Ointment and cream products with antimicrobial action (Levomekol, Levomycetin). They are applied up to three times a day with a cotton swab with careful movements. The medicine can not be rubbed into the wound, squeezing or touching it with force.
- Ointment and gel preparations with anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect (Panthenol, Baneocin). They are used after the wound is crusted 3-4 days after the intervention. Medicines are applied in a thin layer on a clean, dry surface of the skin two to three times a day for several weeks.
Processing after circumcision in a child is carried out with clean hands (in addition, palms and fingers should be lubricated with medical alcohol). For dressings use cotton sponges, sterile bandages, wet wipes.
Important! It is not recommended to use cotton wool, as particles of cotton can get into the wound and cause pain to the baby.
Surgical treatment of the surgical suture for quick healing
The patient is not always given recommendations on how to process the postoperative suture for better healing. Modern tools are presented in a wide variety, the main thing is not to make a mistake with the choice. Identical products may not be suitable in a variety of situations. The patient should know in which case to apply one or another method of therapy.
In addition to dressing and the active use of various pharmacological agents, young patients need to wear special underpants after circumcision. They have a rigid frame insert that protects the penis from injury and dust.
The kid will not be able to injure himself, comb the healing stitches or break the bandage. Good quality linen should be sewn from a cotton fabric that allows air to pass through.
You need to pay attention to whether the product does not crush the baby, does not pinch it in the belt, does not rub sensitive delicate skin.
They purchase underwear in the pharmacy chain, children's stores. In some clinics, such linen is included in the cost of the operation and is given to patients.
Important! The rehabilitation period will be much faster if you use panties designed to be worn after circumcision.
Excision of the foreskin is a manipulation, although not complicated, but requiring long-term care in the postoperative period. What to do after circumcision in a child should be known to parents.It is important to carefully observe hygiene rules, prevent infection, tram seams, carefully monitor the health of the baby.
Circumcision is a surgical operation to remove the foreskin in men, boys and boys. The second name of this procedure is circumcision. It is carried out for religious reasons, medical reasons or as a sign of nationality. Circumcision is partial or complete. With partial circumcision, only areas of the extreme skin are removed.
The choice of uterus circumcision depends on why the child is circumcised. If for medical reasons, then it should be held in a hospital. Muslims are circumcised at home, and Jews perform surgery in a hospital in the presence of a rabbi and relatives of the baby. Parents themselves can decide where it is better to do this, but the conditions of the clinic minimize the risks of complications.
At present, circumcision can be done both in the municipal clinic and in a private institution. In public institutions, it is carried out in the direction of the attending physician (for example, with phimosis). The cost of the procedure is minimal or not worth the money. In private clinics, an operation can be done without a referral, but it will cost several times more.
Why is it important to properly handle the suture after surgery?
The attending doctor should provide information on further manipulations, but not always, unfortunately, this happens in modern clinics and hospitals. The patient returns home after long-term therapy and does not know how to properly process the postoperative suture for better healing. Correct tactics are important for quick and speedy healing. Surgeons place emphasis on home stitching and are a common cause of complications.
If redness, swelling develops at the site of the postoperative suture, blood, pus, bile, etc. are released, you should immediately consult a doctor for help, this indicates a complication. It is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of the wound after surgery.
Proper wound treatment is important for the following reasons:
- in order to avoid serious complications that can lead to reoperation,
- to maintain sterility of the wound, to prevent suppuration, infection,
- for a speedy recovery,
- in order to prevent pain,
- in order to avoid an inflammatory process.
If a person correctly performs manipulations to process the suture, recovery occurs on average after 2 weeks. It all depends on the type of operation, severity, type of suture.
Operation circumcision (video): when to perform?
The reasons why a man decides for circumcision are different. Someone is doing a medical procedure to save health and life. For other members of the stronger sex, circumcision of the foreskin is associated with religious traditions and rules. In addition to aesthetic, religious and hygienic factors, indications for circumcision can be:
- congenital (physiological) phimosis,
- phimosis in adults, cicatricial phimosis,
- premature eruption of a seed.
A pathological narrowing of the external opening of the foreskin in a child or its lengthening causes problems with urination. The boy complains of pain when trying to urinate. If the problem persists after 2 years of life, a partial circumcision is performed.
Indication for circumcision in adult men is phimosis of the cicatricial type, in which the foreskin is greatly narrowed due to the large number of scars. The replacement of healthy prepuce tissues with connective and scar tissue most often occurs due to an active inflammatory process (for example, balanoposthitis), penile injuries, and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Running phimosis disrupts the functioning of the kidneys and bladder, provokes the appearance of sexual problems in men (pain during sex, failure of reproductive functions). The problem can be solved only through the circumcision operation in men, the price of which is determined individually for each patient.
How does rapid healing occur?
Wound healing occurs in each patient in different ways depending on the type of suture, the severity of the surgery. Never leave a wound without care. Treatment is needed so that a quick recovery occurs, the seam is drawn without complications.
Ointments and other medications with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, regenerative effects help quickly get rid of the unpleasant consequences after skin surgery. They are necessary in order to:
- rapid tissue regeneration occurred (repair, wound closure),
- there was no inflammatory process through antibacterial and antiseptic properties,
- improve the quality of newly formed tissue,
- reduce internal intoxication.
Healing takes place in several stages, they are clearly traceable during processing manipulations. Firstly, disinfection of the wound is carried out, which contributes to healing; bacteria cannot prevent the wound from being healed. Secondly, the used ointments and creams help speed up regeneration, that is, help the skin recover and improve the quality of the newly formed tissue.
In the complex, all actions lead to the fact that the seam heals soon.
In which countries and for what is the foreskin removed for boys?
Why is the boy circumcised?
- The foreskin is removed for children in countries where they adhere to the Muslim faith. Do the procedure for kids up to a year. Muslims believe that only after the ceremony the boy becomes a real man.
- Jews circumcise babies on the eighth day after birth. According to their beliefs, this allows the child to be reunited with God.
- Some African villages also trim the skin of the penis according to tradition.
- Jews believe that circumcision is a prerequisite for the baby to enter a religious community.
- Some men undergo surgery for aesthetic reasons. In the modern world, it is done for many men and boys for medical reasons, regardless of faith and belief.
To decide the advisability of surgery for phimosis in children and the timing of its implementation is necessary each time individually.
From our practice, in every fifth case, after consulting a pediatric surgeon of a medical center, the need for surgery disappears or the timing of it can be postponed.
The fact is that physiological phimosis in children of the first years of life is not a pathology. If there are no manifestations of any inflammatory processes (redness, swelling, discharge), then parents are only required to carefully observe hygiene procedures and avoid rough manipulations with the delicate skin of the child.
You can talk about pathological phimosis if it persists in a child after 6-7 years of age, and if inflammation of the head and foreskin of the penis occurs in early childhood, urination is impaired, scars form as a result of trauma to the adhesions of the foreskin (cicatricial phimosis).
With atrophic (cicatricial) phimosis in children, conservative treatment is not effective. The main method of treating cicatricial phimosis in boys is circumcision of the foreskin (circumcisio).
During the operation, the narrowed foreskin and cicatricial tissues of the penis are excised, synechiae are separated, and simultaneously the frenum is plastic.
Depending on the complexity, surgery lasts 30-50 minutes ... the results of the treatment in the photo
If you are faced with a diagnosis of phimosis in your boy, we invite you to consult us.Diagnosis and treatment of phimosis at the center of pediatric surgery in the Queen is carried out on the basis of an individual approach.
Experienced pediatric surgeons of the medical center are guaranteed to give you enough time, give recommendations on the advisability of the operation and the optimal timing.
If necessary, surgeons will conduct the operation in a modern operating clinic "Medicamente" using high-quality equipment and the latest technology.
Do not try to “remove” the head of the penis from the foreskin in a child with pathological phimosis. This can lead to an extremely serious complication - paraphimosis (pinching of the head in a narrow ring of the foreskin). If, however, an infringement has occurred, immediately call an ambulance!
WHAT WE ARE READY TO OFFER
The child will not experience unpleasant procedures after surgery.
In order for the boy to undergo phimosis surgery as easily as possible, we allow one of the parents to be in the operating room during anesthesia and ask the parent to leave the operating room only after the child falls asleep.
If you live outside the Moscow region, but plan to circumcise a boy in Moscow, we are in a hurry to inform you that our clinic regularly receives patients from other cities.
Correspondence consultations (telephone, e-mail, skype) on available medical documents are provided for nonresident patients before surgery. You will be able to undergo a preoperative examination and take tests both in the medical institution at your place of residence and in our clinic.
If you take care of taking tests at your place of residence, your stay in the Medicament hospital will be only 1 day ... how to make an appointment
Circumcision of the foreskin (circumcision) is a standard operation for phimosis in children.
Some parents wonder if circumcision can be avoided and the foreskin preserved. In this case, plastic surgery of the foreskin is an alternative to circumcisio surgery.
The operation is quite common and is often performed by surgeons at the Medic Mente medical center, but is not always possible (for example, with severe cicatricial forms of phimosis). We recommend a preliminary consultation with a pediatric surgeon ... see photo
In each room, the necessary medical equipment is installed, an alarm button for emergency calling of medical personnel is brought to each bed. There are play areas for kids and cozy places for adults ...
photo of hospital wards
How much does it cost to circumcise a child in Moscow? We offer you to familiarize yourself with the prices of phimosis surgery in the clinic of pediatric surgery "Medicamente". Anesthesia, stay in the clinic, postoperative monitoring of the patient is already included in the cost of the operation.
|Circumcisio surgery (circumcision) in case of phimosis (according to the compulsory medical insurance policy with the direction from clinic 057 / y-04)||free ** more||Fluorotan|
|Phimosis: Circumcision of the foreskin (circumcision)||34 500||Sevoran|
|Phimosis (circumcision) with plastic frenum of the penis||42 500||Sevoran|
|Phimosis (circumcision) with meatal stenosis (urethral stenting)||58 000||Sevoran|
|Phimosis (circumcision) with meatic stenosis (urethral stenting) and penile frenum plastic surgery||72 000||Sevoran|
|Treatment of meatal stenosis (1 degree of difficulty)||45 000||Sevoran|
|Treatment of meatal stenosis (2 degree of difficulty)||52 000||Sevoran|
|Treatment of meatal stenosis (3 degree of difficulty)||59 000||Sevoran|
Expected at a lower price * The transaction cost includes:
- stationary accommodation 1 day (double room with toilet, TV, multichannel)
- anesthetic aid: anesthetic apparatus Drager Fabius GS (Germany), anesthetic Sevoran
- implementation of the local blockade - Naropin
- all disposable consumables and tools
- the application of an intradermal cosmetic suture - no need to remove sutures!
- permanent telephone connection with the attending physician
- examination on any day in the clinic within 30 days after surgery
- all dressings included
The cost of the operation does not include: preoperative analyzes (can be passed at the place of residence).
*** It is not a public offer agreement. Check the cost of services on the day of treatment.
Price list for all inpatient services
Surgery for phimosis involves circumcision (removal) or plastic surgery (preservation) of the foreskin of the penis.
Take the first step - make an appointment! We will do our best to receive you as soon as possible.
At the consultation, the pediatric surgeon will give you all the necessary recommendations for preparing for the operation, and will prescribe a preoperative examination.
Analyzes submitted before the operation will help the surgeon and anesthetist to get acquainted with the functional capabilities of the body of a small patient in order to avoid complications during the operation.
The operation phimosis in children is usually carried out quickly (within 20-30 minutes). After the operation, the baby will be transferred to the ward. Most likely he will still be sleeping for some time, and when he wakes up, you and his parents will be nearby.
A few more hours the child will be under the supervision of medical staff, but by the evening with satisfactory well-being can be discharged.
Using modern surgical methods allows you to discharge a small patient home on the day of surgery without risk to his health.
Dressings with antibacterial ointments that promote faster healing can be prescribed. Complications after surgery phimosis in children in the vast majority of cases are not detected. Follow your doctor's instructions. In case something bothers, do not hesitate to call a doctor at any time.
All our surgeons lead their operated patient to a full recovery and are always available for communication after surgery.
Children with phimosis should be observed by a pediatric urologist. Indications for surgery are paraphimosis, pronounced cicatricial changes in the foreskin, repeated repetitions of balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans penis and foreskin), and a violation of urination.
Phimosis is eliminated with the help of circumcisio - an operation during which a complete or partial circumcision of the foreskin in a child occurs.
The cost of surgical treatment does not include - you can take it in the clinic at the place of residence or in any commercial clinic: - urine analysis, - blood test, - platelets, clotting time, bleeding (coagulogram), - biochemical analysis: protein, bilirubin, urea, creatinine , - HIV, hepatitis B and C, - ECG with decoding or conclusion of a cardiologist, - blood type, Rh factor. Check the list of tests with your doctor before surgery!
The average duration of the operation is 20-30 minutes. Within a few hours, the baby with his parents can return home.
The applied method of “two incisions” or a single incision during circumcision using atraumatic disposable needles allows you to achieve a neat, almost invisible suture, significantly reduce the recovery period.
Inspection of the child after surgery phimosis should be carried out in the interval from 2 to 14 days, depending on the situation (edema, blotching of the dressing with the sacrum, the dressing has flown off or partially slept). Sutures are not removed or removed 10-14 days after surgery.
Yes there is! Warranty on the operation for life, subject to the recommendations of the surgeon after the operation!
Successful phimosis removal surgery receives good reviews from male patients. The surgeon's compliance with all requirements and techniques during surgical intervention facilitates the patient's condition and shortens the rehabilitation period. In reviews of men who underwent circumcision, information often appears about bleeding from the sutures.The problem arises when dressing rules and personal hygiene are not observed. If a man performs dressing at home, he should carefully remove the dressing so as not to peel the crust from the healing wound. It is advisable to moisten the bandage already applied with an antiseptic solution (potassium permanganate, chlorhexidine, hydrogen peroxide) before removal.
Treatment - how to accelerate the healing of postoperative sutures with ointments and other means
The seam processing at home is as follows:
- the bandage from the suture applied in the medical institution is carefully removed (if the bandage has dried, it should be slightly soaked with hydrogen peroxide),
- analyze the state of the postoperative wound to exclude the appearance of pus, bile, swelling, etc. (with this symptomatology, you should contact a medical institution),
- if there is an insignificant amount of blood, it should be stopped before the start of manipulations with a bandage,
- first, hydrogen peroxide is applied, it is not worth sparing the liquid, it should moisten the wound profusely,
- it is necessary to wait until the product ceases to contact the seam (ceases to hiss), then wipe it gently with a sterile bandage,
- then with the help of a cotton swab, the wound at the edges is treated with zelenka,
- ointments should be applied only after the seam begins to heal a little, about 3-5 days after discharge.
Accelerate the healing of postoperative sutures using special ointments. They are aimed at accelerated tissue regeneration, the provision of anti-inflammatory effect. The following ointments are popular:
- Kontraktubeks - heals postoperative sutures, is applied after about 5-7 days from the time of application. Ointment is applied to the problem area 2 times a day in the morning and in the evening in the form of rubbing until completely absorbed. The average course of therapy is a month.
- Actovegin. A wound with an ointment heals faster through the influence of an anti-inflammatory effect. The main advantage of the drug is the practical absence of an allergic reaction in patients, due to which the drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation. It should be used only on the recommendation of a specialist. In the issue there are various forms in the form of cream, ointment, gel.
- Vulnuzan is an inexpensive remedy with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerating effects. It is possible to use during a purulent discharge. It is applied to the immediate area of the lesion every day until the discharge disappears completely.
- Levomekol is a popular ointment for wounds, abrasions, cracks. It is widely used in postoperative practice. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, wound healing and regenerative properties. It has many positive reviews among doctors and patients. It can also be used during the period of discharge of pus, complications. Less means - can not be used during pregnancy and feeding.
In addition to ointments, doctors can recommend the following drugs:
- Iodine is an inexpensive and easy-to-use remedy, you can call it an analog of Zelenka. But to use it often, every day is not recommended, it is worthwhile to take a shift course with ointments, since the liquid is able to fairly dry the skin, which will cause slow regeneration.
- Dimexide is a solution that is widely used in postoperative practice. With the help of the drug, you can not only treat the wound, but also make lotions, compresses.
- Miramistin is suitable as an antiseptic. It can be used instead of hydrogen peroxide. Due to its antimicrobial properties, the drug is believed to be more effective in therapy. It is applied throughout the treatment to cleanse the wound.
If you follow the doctor’s recommendations, the correct sequence in the processing procedure, you can achieve a quick and effective result.Also be sure to read the article on how to get rid of scars after surgery.
Possible complications - what should I do if the seam becomes inflamed?
complication of the postoperative suture in the photo
To begin with, the patient should understand what inflammation is, how it manifests itself and is recognized, in what situation home therapy should be carried out, when to seek medical help. The following symptoms may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process in the postoperative suture:
- there is redness and swelling in the wound area,
- pain is getting stronger every day,
- during palpation, a seal is felt, it usually does not have sharp boundaries,
- at 4-6 days, temperature, chills, symptoms of intoxication appear,
- the emergence of a specific substrate from the wound, suppuration.
The cause of such complications could be factors:
- penetration into the wound of the infection,
- improper care or lack of postoperative suture,
- improperly installed or inadequate drainage established after surgery,
- the admission of a surgical error after surgery.
When the first signs of inflammation appear, it is worthwhile to carry out hygienic treatment of the wound every day with the help of hydrogen peroxide, iodine, and brilliant green. Repeated manipulations may be required depending on the condition of the lesion.
When there is no pus, redness, swelling is observed, one-time treatment can be used. In other cases, from 2 to 4 times a day.
After treatment, it is recommended to apply a sterile dressing with ointment, which can be used in the inflammatory process.
If the wound does not heal for more than 2 weeks, despite frequent treatment, begins to bleed heavily, pus appears, you should immediately visit a surgeon. It may be necessary to probe the wound and draw out the exudate (secreted). Also read the article - what is postoperative suture seroma.
Phimosis: reviews after surgery
Most patients who underwent laser circumcision, in the reviews call it an effective, safe and painless procedure. Postpartum care of the genitals is simple and does not take much time. The penis needs only to be washed under running water twice a day. There are many good reviews in medical forums about laser post-surgery circumcision. Patients are also happy with this circumcision technique because there are practically no seams and scars left after it. If the foreskin is excised in the usual way, surgeons can apply threads that dissolve on their own during the stitching of tissues. This suture material has a side effect - it can provoke suppuration of the wound. When using ordinary seams, which are subsequently removed, the risk of suppuration is minimal.
According to patient reviews, the circumcision procedure rarely gives complications. Basically, they appear when surgical procedures are improperly performed or poor care is taken of a postoperative wound. Suppuration, inflammation or edema after circumcision occurs if the surgeon does not comply with the technique of the operation.
Prevention of the development of diseases and inflammation in the genitourinary system is another plus that is often found in reviews of circumcision. After circumcision, pathogenic microorganisms will no longer have favorable conditions for development and reproduction.
The operation of circumcision, regardless of the reasons for its implementation, is performed in a medical institution. Before starting surgical procedures, anesthesia is chosen. If the excision area of the flesh is small, local anesthesia is preferred. When there is a risk of damage to large blood vessels, general anesthesia is administered to the man before circumcision.
The solution to the question of where to circumcise the foreskin depends on the causes of the operation.If a man has medical indications for circumcision, surgery is performed in a public or private clinic. Men belonging to the Muslim religion can also come to the hospital with a request for circumcision.
Circumcision, for religious reasons, among Muslims, Jews, Jews, is often carried out by specially trained people who are called moels. They have the necessary medical preparation in order to properly excise the foreskin.
If a man has a need to have circumcision, he needs to visit a urologist and get appropriate advice. Also, the primary counseling of patients with phimosis is performed by a therapist. Having studied the circumstances of the problem, he directs the patient to a narrower specialist (surgeon, plastic surgeon, urologist, andrologist, venereologist). Circumcision of the foreskin is carried out in such institutions:
- specialized medical centers where doctors deal with urological problems,
- plastic surgery clinics (you can come here if there are no medical indications for circumcision),
- maternity hospital (circumcision is carried out immediately after the birth of a boy).
Private circumcision is also offered by circumcision of the foreskin. True, in such institutions all surgical procedures are performed on a paid basis.
Rehabilitation after circumcision is successful if the patient complies with all the rules for caring for the penis and wound. The recovery process after circumcision takes some time, and immediately after the completion of surgical procedures the genital organ looks very ugly (red, swollen, with postoperative sutures).
The postoperative period after circumcision in men is dangerous for its adverse effects. If the patient does not comply with the doctor’s requirements for caring for the operated penis, the wound may fester, the temperature may increase, and the penis swells and is deformed. A man must understand that the speed and effectiveness of the wound healing process after circumcision largely depends on his behavior of careful attention to his own health.
If you believe the data of medical statistics, in patients who underwent circumcision, recovery takes from 1 month to six months. Removal of sutures is carried out 1-2 weeks after surgical procedures. During this period of time, a man can be in a hospital where he will be provided with the necessary medical care.
If the patient is confident in his own responsibility, he can undergo rehabilitation after circumcision at home. Mandatory recommendation for home recovery - refusal of sexual contact for 1-2 months. This is necessary to prevent seam divergence. Within six months after circumcision, the sexual contacts should be protected using a condom. Contraceptives help to prevent infection of the genital organ and the occurrence of unwanted inflammation.
The basic rules for the care of the genital organs after circumcision.
Painkillers to eliminate pain and discomfort during urination should be taken strictly on the recommendation of the attending physician.
It is necessary to avoid sexual contact for at least 1 calendar month, and after the resumption of intimate life, it is recommended to use condoms (at least 2 months) to protect against infection.
The first dressing after circumcision of the prepuce is performed by doctors in a medical institution. All subsequent dressings a man makes for himself - until the wound is completely healed.
Every day you need to treat the wound on the penis with antiseptic solutions (at least 2 times a day, until the sutures are removed).
The use of antiseptic and antibacterial ointments is recommended at the onset of inflammation in the surgical field.
In the postoperative period, with circumcision of prepuce in men, temporary unpleasant consequences may occur:
- the operated areas of the penis become too sensitive,
- the genitals swell a little,
- mild pain syndrome is observed.
Non-compliance with the requirements for the care of postoperative sutures and a wound after circumcision leads to such complications:
- inflammation of an infectious nature (sterility requirements were not observed during surgery),
- partial or complete loss of sensation by the genital organ,
- violation of erectile function,
- member loses aesthetics of appearance.
Postoperative complications after circumcision of the foreskin require prolonged antibiotic therapy. Forecasts of a full recovery in the event of adverse effects of circumcision are doubtful and unreliable.
- rough, sloppy seam,
- lack of erection,
- suture bleeding
- uncomfortable sensations in the first month,
- severe pain.
Basically, men are satisfied with the result of circumcision (except for the problems and difficulties that arise in most patients in the first few months after surgical manipulations on the genitals).
If a man has surgically removed phimosis, rehabilitation after surgery is based on the use of complex therapeutic measures. The patient’s task is to accelerate full recovery, restore penile erectile function, and prevent inflammation.
The duration of surgery for phimosis takes no more than 1 hour, then the patient needs several hours to move away from anesthesia. During the day, the man is still in the hospital, and then he can go home and undergo further rehabilitation there.
After circumcision of the foreskin, the doctor makes sutures that dissolve on their own. Within 2 weeks after surgery, it is recommended to wear a special support bandage. It protects the operated area from contamination and promotes a speedy recovery. So that the bandage is not wet during bathing, it is recommended to wear a condom on it before water procedures.
Immediately after surgery, the penis looks swollen and swollen. Such manifestations persist even after 2 weeks of wearing a bandage. Usually, after surgery to remove phimosis, the patient does not experience severe discomfort and pain. If they appear, it is necessary to consult with your doctor and undergo a course of antibacterial treatment.
About the operation of phimosis in children, reviews are mostly positive. Careful preparation, selection of the optimal dose of general anesthesia, coordinated actions of surgeons - all this helps to quickly and accurately dissect the pathological part of the foreskin. Difficulties usually arise after surgery.
With improper care, an infection can get into the wound, due to which repeated inflammation of the penis develops. However, there is one caveat. The treatment of phimosis in boys with surgery under anesthesia is often criticized in reviews of restless parents. The fact is that some surgeons prefer to use local painkillers for young children.
Phimosis is a reduction in the foreskin ring, in which the head of the penis is not exposed or opens, but with difficulty. If this phenomenon is normal for newborn babies, then for older boys this is considered a deviation. Treatment of phimosis in children is possible in several ways, which will be discussed in detail in this article.
General recommendations for operated patients
There are typical instructions that suggest the norms and rules of behavior of the patient, described for the speedy recovery of the postoperative wound. They should be observed by each patient at home.They are contained in the following items described in the table below.
|General recommendations||· Eat correctly, follow the diet prescribed by the doctor,|
|· Use only water, baby soap to wash the wound,|
|· Observe hygiene of the wounded area, rinse and clean every day,|
|· Do not use ointments, creams, gels, or rubbing without consulting a specialist.|
|Shower||It is worth taking a shower only when the wound begins to heal, it becomes dry and gradually heals. The duration of this procedure should not exceed 10 minutes. The water in the bath or shower should not be too hot or cold.|
|Physical exercise||In the first 2-3 months, you should adhere to the recommendations:|
|· Do not stand in one place for longer than 15 minutes, you can only do light work of homework,|
|· Increase the load gradually,|
|· Carry out daily walks in the fresh air,|
|· Try not to burden the area where the seam is located,|
|· It is necessary to include daytime sleep in the therapy, if there are minor loads,|
|· Perform exercises only with their own weight, refuse to lift weights,|
|· Only walking is considered acceptable.|
|Sex||Doctors recommend waiting for a full recovery, then starting sexual activity. You should not experiment and take risks when intimacy brings shortness of breath, excessive sweating, fatigue. This suggests the need for temporary abandonment of sex.|
|After recovery, it is worth gradually gaining pace and rhythm in sexual relations.|
|Trip abroad||Travel abroad can be made after consultation with the attending doctor.|
|Diet||After surgery, it is recommended:|
|· Eliminate junk food (smoked, excessively salty, fried, canned),|
|· Plant foods should prevail in the diet,|
|· Take additional vitamins,|
|· Include bran in the menu,|
|· Meat and fish - low-fat varieties.|
|Emotions||All negative emotions are contraindicated. They will adversely affect the state of the nervous system, which will lead to a long recovery.|
All recommendations are for general use. It must be borne in mind that any wound has its own characteristics, which should be discussed with the attending physician. Proper therapy will help to quickly get rid of unpleasant physical and moral symptoms.
Postoperative suture treatment: on which day they are removed, ointment for healing and what to do if it is sold
- Discharge from the hospital after surgery involves the complete removal of sutures.
- In addition, while at home, the patient must properly care for the sutures, using special ointments, creams for the speedy healing of wounds.
- In order to prevent negative consequences, it is worth observing the recommendations of the observing doctor, if necessary, visiting medical facilities for dressing.
- Gradually, you can move on to self-treatment of wounds in aseptic conditions.
The nature of phimosis
- Physiological disease. That is the one with which the boy is born.
- Pathological contraction. This is an acquired ailment, which must be combated by operation.
If you notice that your three-year-old baby does not have a naked head of the penis, you do not need to immediately undergo crumb surgery, since this is not the age when you should panic.
Indications for surgery
The removal of the foreskin to the child due to his religion or nation is an internal issue of each family (see also: what to do if the child does not open the foreskin?). However, there are cases when circumcision is necessary to eliminate medical problems. Why can the boy be circumcised and what are the indications for circumcision:
- Phimosis, which does not go away by 6-7 years (more in the article: how to treat phimosis in a boy at 6 years old?).This phenomenon is the growth of the foreskin to the glans penis. In children under three years of age, the disease is physiological in nature and does not need treatment. At a later age, phimosis can lead to inflammatory processes of the head of the penis and painful sensations.
- Problems with urination. They occur when the opening of the foreskin does not coincide with the urethra and the urine is retained in the skin fold.
- Inflammation of the foreskin - balanoposthitis. There is a disease due to non-compliance with the hygiene of the genitals.
- The formation of growths and papillomas.
- Head injury. This phenomenon can occur due to physical effects on the penis.
- Skin diseases.
- The tendency to oncology. It is believed that cancer of the head of the penis occurs in uncircumcised men more often.
- Short bridle.
Circumcision is a simple but specific exercise. Doctors believe that children should be circumcised before they turn 3 years old (when they know little) or after 6 years (when they already understand everything). This will save the child from psychological trauma. At an early age, the healing process is faster. The photo-illustration schematically shows the result before and after the operation.
- low pain threshold that will cause pain shock,
- inflammatory processes in the body,
- bleeding disorder,
- congenital pathologies of the penis,
You also need to consider that after removing the foreskin, hygienic problems can occur, as it creates the likelihood of inflammation in those places that protected the skin.
Suture removal after surgery: how many days
To connect the edges of a lacerated wound after surgery, modern surgeons use the most common method - suturing. At the moment, there are two types of them - removable and immersed.
The fixed version is superimposed using a special material, which subsequently disappears by resorption.
Removable options require removal that occurs after a certain time.
Consider on what day the postoperative suture is removed:
- The removable seam is made using natural or synthetic threads, as well as metal parts.
If the threads are applied correctly, the patient will not have a question: why the suture hurts.
The threads must be applied in such a way that the fabrics grow together correctly without being squeezed.
How to remove stitches? The doctor takes a hand at the end of the thread and slightly pulls it up.
In the meantime, threads are shown that are trimmed with sterile scissors, and their remnants are removed with tweezers.
We answer the question: is it painful to remove the threads? Most likely the patient will not feel pain if the doctor does this carefully.
It is worth noting that the seams on the neck and face are removed on the 4-6th day, on the feet and lower legs they are removed on the 10-12th day.
This difference is associated with different blood circulation in different parts of the body.
Circumcision - the price of surgery
The cost of circumcision depends on many factors. The location and popularity of the clinic, as well as the chosen method of surgical intervention (standard excision of the flesh with a scalpel or its removal with a laser beam) are of decisive importance. If laser circumcision is performed, the price of the procedure will ultimately be higher. But having got acquainted with all the advantages of laser removal of the foreskin, the patient will understand that the high cost of the procedure is justified.
Each man must decide on the removal of the foreskin independently.If circumstances permit and the inflammatory process on the penis proceeds without complications, doctors preserve the prepuce. In any case, before deciding on an operation, you need to study all the pros and cons of surgical procedures and prepare for the likely consequences.
How to process at home
Usually, when a patient is discharged after surgery, the doctor issues prescriptions for further care of the wound.
If you follow all the recommendations, the edges will heal smoothly and beautifully, without causing problems to its owner.
Before processing seams, consider effective methods for home use:
- A solution of potassium permanganate - potassium permanganate. This product can be purchased at the pharmacy, it must be diluted in a sufficient amount of warm water and lubrication of the stitched wound using cotton pads.
- Iodine - use this product in moderation so as not to cause excessive dryness of the epidermis. It is allowed to do a mesh on the wound every 2 days.
- It is recommended to treat sutures at home with the help of brilliant green - there is a drug in every pharmacy.
- It is allowed to smear the wound with medical alcohol.
- For better healing, use hydrogen peroxide or fucorcin. The last remedy can cause inconvenience due to the bright shade.
The most popular in medical practice have found anti-inflammatory and healing gels and creams. How to use them correctly can be found in the next section.
Important! Stitches on the stomach or back can be treated with tea tree oil, tincture of the roots of the stomach, cream with the addition of calendula.
Before self-treatment of the wound, you must thoroughly wash your hands, disinfect all used tools, observe the dosage.
Cream and ointment for wound healing
After discharge from the hospital, as well as after removal of surgical sutures, it is recommended to use special ointments and creams aimed at healing wounds.
Note! An ointment for healing sutures should contain not only medicinal compounds, but also plant components.
Before treating the wound, it is recommended to prepare it: for this it is enough to clean the surface of the bandage, the last layer of ointment and other foreign inclusions.
Many people ask: seroma - what is it? Seroma is the accumulation of serous fluid under the skin after plastic surgery.
Consider a selection of tools for wound healing:
|Levomekol||Quickly affects the focus of infection, produces an anti-inflammatory effect|
|Zinc ointment||Dries the wound if it gets wet. Is an affordable healing agent.|
|Baneocin||It handles postoperative and deep wounds, burns.|
|Solcoseryl||Eliminates pain and heals a wound|
|Bepanten||Softens the skin and restores tissue|
|Methyluracil||Accelerates tissue regeneration. Can be used under patch|
Methods of operation
Circumpy for medical reasons is performed on an outpatient basis and does not require a hospital stay. When circumcision is carried out for religious or national reasons (as among Muslims and Jews), the event can be implemented at home. The main conditions for removing the foreskin in boys are sterility and accuracy.
The classic way to perform the procedure is surgical circumcision. In simple words, this is a mechanical removal of the foreskin with a sharp medical instrument. The skin of the penis is pulled using special devices, cut and cut off. Sutures are placed on the edges of the wound with special absorbable threads.
Small children undergo circumcision without suturing. During circumcision, special rings or clamps are used. A small incision is made in the foreskin and the necessary device is introduced between the head of the genital organ and the skin. The top of the skin is fixed and excess flesh is removed.After 5-7 days, the latch disappears by itself. The classic surgical method uses local anesthesia.
What to do if the seam has spread or festering
To prevent suppuration of the stitched place, doctors can install drainage. It is used for 3-4 days.
Doctors install a special tube, the opening of which goes out, and an antiseptic is poured through it.
Consider what to do if the seam has spread, as well as if it is festering:
- The cause of the discrepancy or suppuration may be infection of the wound, circulatory problems, trauma to the affected area.
- If the seam does not heal, use reinforced formulations: Aekol, products with aloe, sea buckthorn oil.
- If the wound oozes, use antipyretic agents - synthomycin ointment, ichthyol ointment, Vishnevsky ointment.
- When a suture itches, it means that it heals. If the wound has spread, you must urgently consult a doctor.
After the operation, a fistula may also appear at the wound site. It is a neoplasm with pus inside.
To eliminate the fistula, it is recommended to use hydrogen peroxide and a solution of furatsilina. If none of the above remedies help, seek medical attention.
Do not joke with postoperative sutures - human health depends on the speed of their healing.
Laser clipping is considered more gentle. The operation is performed using a laser, not a scalpel. However, it is not possible to make such a procedure in every clinic and its cost will be higher than with the classical method. Bleeding after such circumcision is very rare, and the body heals faster. Thermal laser action minimizes the need for suturing.
Laser circumcision is the most gentle circumcision method.
Postoperative sutures: healing than treating a wound after surgery, healing ointments and remedies
Seams remaining on the body after any operation are always an object that requires special attention not only from the medical staff, but also from the patient himself.
It is important to strictly comply with the doctor’s prescriptions, following all the recommendations and not showing complacency during the treatment process, since only in this case the recovery will be complete and will happen on time.
The operation at home is usually carried out by people who are specially trained in this (for example, rabbis). To carry out house circumcision, it is necessary to have sterile instruments and disinfectants and to ensure cleanliness in the place where the procedure will be carried out. However, circumcision at home increases the likelihood of postoperative complications.
Stages of healing of postoperative sutures
Postoperative suture healing takes place in three main stages:
- The formation of new connective tissue from collagen fibers, the synthesis of which is carried out by fibroblasts activated by microphages. After activation, when injured, fibroblasts begin to migrate to a certain place of the damage that has occurred (in the case of an operation, these are cut and sutured tissues). Fibroblasts bind through fibronectin with fibrillar structures, while actively synthesizing collagen fibers and other substances belonging to the category of extracellular matrix. Collagen fibers are necessary in order to eliminate the defect that has arisen in the tissues, while forming a strong scar. The strength of such a compound always depends on the amount of collagen fibers and the activity of their production, therefore, in young people, healing of sutures after surgery is quick enough, and in elderly people often have difficulties that significantly increase this period of time.
- The second stage is the formation of a new epithelium on the surface of the wound, which occurs as epithelial cells migrate from the edges of the wound to its central part on the surface of the lesion. The completion of the epithelialization process of tissue damage resulting from the operation creates a full-fledged barrier to the penetration of all kinds of harmful microorganisms. As a rule, fresh wounds are characterized by a very low resistance to various infections. The restoration of resistance, provided that the wound has no complications, occurs about 4 to 5 days after the operation. If during these days the epithelization of the suture has not occurred, then the suture may begin to diverge even with a small load. If the wounds are very large, it should be remembered that the epithelization of the edges will not be able to ensure the appearance of the epithelium on the entire surface, therefore, in such a situation, a skin transplant is required.
- Wound surface reduction, as well as their complete closure, due to the fusion and retraction of tissues.
Wound Treatment and Care
After circumcision, the bandage should not be removed during the first day. From the second day you need to do daily dressings for 10 days. The first 2 days, the dressing is changed up to 6 times a day, and then 2 times a day. Toddlers have a dressing after each diaper change. It must be removed carefully. If it has dried, you can soften it with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, a decoction of chamomile or hydrogen peroxide.
Seams are treated daily with brilliant green or a solution of manganese. If blood is secreted from the wound or an anemone appears, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory drugs are treated. The doctor may advise Levomekol or Actovegin ointment (which one is better, a specialist should decide). With the appearance of pain in the genital area, painkillers are possible.
For some time after circumcision, the penis may be cyanotic or have a yellowish tint. This is normal after circumcision. The next few months, special attention should be paid to the hygiene of the penis. Puffiness helps to remove the salt bath. It is urgent to consult a doctor if the following symptoms appear:
- swelling of the penis increased and blue spots appeared
- wounds inflamed
- penile discharge
- body temperature increased
- sutures and wounds do not heal for a long time.
Caring for the genital organ after circumcision with phimosis consists of the following procedures:
- reduction of edema (they may appear due to improper processing of sutures, failure to comply with the timing of dressing, violation of the rules of intimate hygiene),
- regular care of the seams (all manipulations are carried out with clean hands, and it is advisable to treat them with an antibacterial solution),
- taking anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed by your doctor
- compliance with bed rest in the first days after circumcision,
- wearing tight-fitting underwear for optimal penis support,
- to prevent the formation of scars after phimosis, it is necessary to lubricate the operated areas of the genital area with special emollient and regenerating ointments (for example, Levomekol, Betamethasone, Diprosalik).
For many parents, the question of what to do with childhood phimosis after surgery and how to care for the child in the postoperative period is especially relevant.
After circumcision in the boys, a small seam remains on the surface of the penis. The surgeon shapes it using self-absorbable suture material. The wound healing process takes 2-5 weeks. Features of care at this time are in the fight against postoperative scars, regular dressings (3-6 times a day).
To remove the old gauze bandage painlessly and not damage the healing suture, it is necessary to moisten it with a decoction of chamomile, hydrogen peroxide or a pale pink solution of potassium permanganate. After the phimosis is removed, small children are ligated with each diaper change. Residues of urine and feces are removed using wet wipes, moving in the direction from the head to the penis.
Parents should ensure that the child does not touch or remove the bandages on their own, as such actions can bring the infection into the wound. Boys need to observe bed rest for 3-4 days after the surgical removal of phimosis. After the operation, the child should not be allowed to stay in wet diapers for a long time, since it is in such an environment that pathogenic bacteria develop best.
Parents note. Now manufacturers of dressings for children offer anesthetic dressings Kaltostat. They also perform the functions of absorbent, well absorb moisture. You need to wear them immediately after the operation. You do not need to remove the bandage, it disappears on its own after 2 days.
After trimming phimosis, the child is recommended to wear cotton underwear with frame inserts. In such clothes, the baby will not be able to comb itchy sutures and will not be able to bring the infection into the wound. Postoperative linen is sold in pharmacies, on special pharmaceutical sites. Also, panties with a frame can be found in some children's clothing stores. Interestingly, some private clinics include special supportive underwear for children in the total cost of surgical treatment of phimosis.
Doctors recommend using antibiotic ointments (Tetracycline, Gentamicin) and painkillers (D-panthenol, Baneocin) when caring for postoperative sutures. Before starting the treatment of sutures, medical gloves are worn on the hands.
The duration of the recovery process after surgery to remove phimosis in children and adults depends on the patient's compliance with the rules of hygiene and quality care.
Damaged skin is the gateway to infection. To avoid infection, it is necessary to treat the wound with drugs that your doctor will prescribe as often as possible. This can be baths with potassium permanganate, followed by dusting with streptocide or simple washing with warm boiled water.
If circumcision is done to the baby, you should not swaddle it too tightly - this can cause discomfort and tissue sticking to the penis, which will subsequently cause bleeding. If the fabric or dressings still adhere, then they must be carefully removed by soaking in warm water.
In some cases, the surgeon may stitch silk or absorbable material. It is strictly not recommended to remove seams and protruding catgut threads on your own. This procedure should be carried out only under the supervision of your doctor.
Within a few days, the glans penis can be slightly enlarged and have a bright scarlet or burgundy color. This is a natural reaction, so do not worry when you see these changes.
If it is impossible to expose the head of the penis, conservative and surgical methods of treatment are used.
An operation with phimosis is recommended in those pictures when it is impossible to eliminate the problem with ointments and folk remedies, a man has complications of various kinds.
For the treatment of the disease, the intervention is carried out in various ways, depending on the age of the patient - an adult or a child, the type and stage of the disease, etc. Let us consider how the operation is performed during phimosis in children and adults, and when is it better to abandon it?
In medical practice, physiological and pathological phimosis is distinguished. In the first case, this is a variant of the norm inherent in all newborn boys.
Over time, the head is exposed on its own. If this did not happen by the age of seven, then they talk about the pathological form of the disease.
Regardless of the type, complications may arise, as a result of which surgical intervention is required.
With phimosis, surgery is necessary in the third and fourth stages of the disease.
If at the second stage the patient shows pain when the bladder is empty, smegma accumulates in the prepuce bag, which leads to inflammatory processes, then surgical treatment is also indicated.
Other indications include the cicatricial form of the disease - it is treated only surgically, since the cicatricial tissue is inelastic, does not have the ability to stretch.
It is worth knowing: phimosis surgery in children and adults is “one day manipulation”. In other words, it is carried out on an outpatient basis: in the morning the patient is hospitalized, after the procedure is carried out, and after a few hours the patient can leave the medical facility.
The operation of phimosis in men can be carried out by various methods. The choice is determined by the age group of the patient, the type and severity of the disease, as well as the skills of the surgeon, the presence / absence of an assistant, and the equipment of the clinic.
Surgical intervention is performed under local or general anesthesia. The choice of anesthesia method depends on the age of the person. For example, a newborn can be done under local anesthesia, provided that the baby is sufficiently fixed. For older children, general anesthesia is required - the drug is administered intravenously. This eliminates the mental and emotional trauma of the child.
Adults and adolescents tolerate local anesthesia quite well. The drug is injected directly into the skin of the penis. However, if there is an allergy to the drug, pathological changes in the skin at the injection site are present, they make general anesthesia.
- This option of surgical intervention is recommended for patients who have saphenous veins of the reproductive organ, because the method of circular resection minimizes the likelihood of bleeding.
- To remove phimosis, the doctor does the following:
- First, the doctor draws a line of the future incision on the inner and outer sides of the foreskin. Using a scalpel, a medical specialist performs an incision along the intended lines, dissecting the skin and subcutaneous tissue,
- The skin flap is dissected and separated from the trunk of the reproductive organ. After the doctor imposes fixing sutures,
- At the end of the intervention, a bandage is applied.
Note: the advantages of the method include a good cosmetic effect - the scar is not noticeable, low risk of bleeding. Cons of manipulation - requires good skills of the surgeon and the help of an assistant.
Suture healing factors
The process of suture healing after surgery is affected by many factors, in particular:
- The patient's age, the smaller it is, the faster healing occurs.
- Patient weight. If a person is obese to some extent, then suturing of any wounds becomes difficult, and the healing process is much longer, because there is an excess of fatty tissue under the skin. The blood supply to adipose tissue is very weak, so the healing of any wound becomes long. In addition, adipose tissue is very susceptible to infection, which often leads to complications.
- Human nutrition. After operations, the human body needs to consume certain products in order to additionally provide tissues with plastic and energy material. Malnutrition or malnutrition often leads to a decrease in the healing rate.
- Dehydration. The lack of fluid in the body negatively affects almost all functions and systems, including metabolic processes, which also complicates the healing of tissues.
- Disruption of blood supply in the wound area Before the operation, as well as the state of this aspect, are of great importance for the healing process. The more vessels located at the site of the operation, the faster the sutures will heal.
- The state of immunity. With the normal functioning of the immune system, the healing of postoperative sutures is quick and without complications. With the weakening of the immune system by any disease or infection, as well as in the presence of immunodeficiency (HIV), the healing process is greatly complicated and can take a long time.
- The healing speed is also affected by various medical procedures, in particular, chemotherapy, x-ray irradiation, and the use of corticosteroid drugs for a long time.
- The presence of various diseases in a chronic form. First of all, complications for the healing of wounds and sutures after operations create various disorders in the endocrine system, especially diabetes mellitus.
- The level of oxygen supply to the tissue. It should be sufficient, since this is a necessary condition for the normal healing of damaged tissues. Without enough oxygen in the body, collagen synthesis is impossible.
- Slows the healing process and infection, including secondary, as well as the formation of suppuration.
- Healing is also influenced by conditions in which there is a violation of the intake of important substances and oxygen, in particular, hypotension, hypoxemia, severe vascular insufficiency, as well as ischemia of injured tissues that occurs when the sutures are too tight.
- The use of anti-inflammatory drugsIn particular, steroid group drugs in the first days after surgery also cause a slowdown in the healing process, but in the later stages, about a week after suturing, the use of such funds no longer has a negative effect.
If the scar tissue is at the tip of the prepuce, then surgery is performed. Phimosis in children of this form is extremely rare. If such a picture is observed, then the method of prepuceoplasty is chosen. Manipulation is carried out under general or local anesthesia; preoperative preparation does not have any features.
- Using scissors, the surgeon performs a longitudinal incision of the prepuce along the dorsal surface (the incision is similar to the dorsal technique).
- As necessary, adhesions are cut, localized between the head of the penis and the foreskin.
- The doctor's actions neutralize phimosis. After the operation, transverse sutures are applied that connect the inner and outer part of the prepuce to each other.
A distinctive feature of the procedure is that when cutting by the dorsal incision method, the dissection of the skin is greater than with prepuceoplasty. The duration of the manipulation is 15-20 minutes. The procedure is characterized by a minimum of possible complications, the absence of pain. Phimosis after the operation is leveled out, how to care in each specific case - the treating doctor will tell.
Types of postoperative sutures, how they look
Any surgical intervention leaves behind a scar - a seam at the incision site of the skin and soft tissues. The more complicated the operation, the deeper the scar can be and the more difficult the healing process. In addition, physiological characteristics of a person are of great importance, in particular, the ability of the skin to be supplied with a sufficient amount of blood.
Proper scar care will allow the wound to heal more gently and quickly, leaving behind minimal damage. Care for the postoperative suture is also needed so that it stretches well and does not give unpleasant sensations.
All seams can be divided into several types.:
- Normotrophic scar - the simplest type of scar, which is formed in most cases after not deep surgery.As a rule, such a scar is distinguished by subtle defects and has the same shade as the surrounding skin.
- Atrophic scar - formed in the case of removal of moles, for example, or warts. The tissue of such a scar slightly prevails on the formation itself and often resembles a fossa.
- Hypertrophic scar - appears when suppuration occurs over the formation or the seam suffers injuries. To avoid such a scar, you should look after the seam with special ointments.
- Keloid scar - Appears on skin that is poorly nourished by blood and in the case of deep surgical intervention. Often has a white or pinkish color, protrudes above the main level of the skin, can give a shine.
What is better to process than smear at home?
So that postoperative sutures and scars heal quickly and easily, without leaving pain and complications, it should be looked after. Basic care includes antiseptic treatment.
The simplest means are:
- Zelenka is an antibacterial and disinfectant.
- Alcohol - eliminates any pollution and “kills” pathogenic bacteria.
- Iodine, iodoperone (iodinol) - accelerates healing
- Fukortsin or Castellani - high-quality skin treatment and postoperative scar care.
- Levomekol ointment - accelerates healing, nourishes the skin
- Panthenol ointment - help scarring
- Ointment "Contractubes" (or "Mederma") - are used in the second or third month after surgery to smooth the skin and tighten the seam.
- Oils (milk thistle, sea buckthorn) - nourishes the skin, heals wounds and contributes to a smoother scar retraction.
How to let the seam heal quickly and easily, without consequences?
Harm to the body and possible complications
The attitude of doctors to the circumcision procedure is ambiguous. Some doctors advocate mass removal of the upper skin in order to prevent diseases, while others believe that this is a useless traumatic procedure. However, all experts agree that circumstance in boys is a must when medical conditions appear (for example, with phimosis).
Adherents of circumcision argue that removing excess skin from the penis reduces the risk of diseases of the genitourinary system and viral diseases, facilitates the hygiene of the penis. Circumcision is believed to reduce the likelihood of cancer and AIDS. However, these allegations are not certain.
Removing the foreskin is considered a simple surgical operation, but it can cause harm to the human body and cause complications. Opponents of circumcision insist that the procedure leads to psychological trauma of the child, and if the technique of surgery is violated, the genitals can be damaged. Do not exclude the likelihood of death.
Circumcision can provoke the development of various complications, at least - the psychological stress of the child
Possible complications after circumcision:
- painful shock,
- wound infection
- blood poisoning,
- heavy bleeding
- organ head injury
- allergic reaction to anesthesia,
- decreased genital sensitivity
- long healing process
- severe organ swelling
- penis cosmetic defect.
Many complications appear if sanitary procedures were not followed during the procedure. Within 5-7 days after surgery, the boy may experience pain, the genitals become more sensitive, a slight swelling appears. These body reactions are the norm and, with proper care and adherence to the doctor’s recommendations, pass quickly.
How to remove postoperative sutures at home?
In some cases, postoperative sutures are quite realistic and are allowed to be removed by a doctor at home. But, before you do this, you should be aware that there are two types of seams:
- Immersion seam - the seam is applied with a thread made of natural material (a thin thread from a sheep’s intestine). The advantages of this seam are that the body does not tear away and dissolves. The disadvantage of catgut is that it is less durable.
- Removable seam - the suture is removed when the edges of the incision are fused and show how strong the healing is. Such a seam is usually applied with silk thread, nylon or nylon, wire or staples.
Estimated time for removal of sutures after surgery:
- In case of amputation - 2-3 weeks
- Head surgery - 1-2 weeks
- Opening of the abdominal wall - 2-2.5 weeks (depending on the depth of penetration).
- On the chest - 1.5-2 weeks
- Suture in an elderly person - 2-2.5 weeks
- After childbirth - 5-7 days, up to 2 weeks
- Caesarean section - 1-2 weeks
How to remove the seam at home:
- Stitches should be removed carefully and carefully, keeping calm. The suture should be removed only when there is no inflammatory process.
- To remove the seam you will need two tools: manicure scissors and tweezers. These two tools should be thoroughly treated with alcohol.
- Before work, wash your hands thoroughly with soap twice and put on medical gloves, or treat your hands with an antiseptic.
- Sutures should be removed under a bright lamp to closely monitor the process.
- Cut the seams to remove the maximum amount of thread.
- Grasp the edges of the protruding seams with tweezers and gently pull until a piece comes out of the skin.
- After you pull out absolutely all the pieces, treat the wound with an antiseptic ointment with an antibiotic.
IMPORTANT: Have sterile bandages and tissues with you, a solution of furatsilina is useful to remove safely and not drive the infection.
How to remove the seam yourself?
Removal of phimosis: under what anesthesia is the operation performed?
When phimosis is removed in a man or boy, postoperative sutures heal for several weeks (up to 1 month). The time of overgrowth of sutures depends on the individual characteristics of the patient's body. For example, sutures after phimosis in children grow together faster, because at an early age the metabolism is accelerated, and the regeneration processes are faster.
It is better to treat sutures after removal of phimosis with antiseptic ointments (Miramistin, Levomekol). If circumcision with phimosis is performed in a child, treatment is recommended with erythromycin and tetracycline ointment. The tool is applied in a thin layer to the area of excision of the flesh. Gauze dressings before dressing are recommended to be moistened with hydrogen peroxide to reduce the risk of injuries and pain.
Surgeons use general anesthesia for phimosis for newborn children and boys up to 7 years old. Surgical excision of the foreskin during phimosis in a child of a senior school age is also performed under general anesthesia. Fulfillment of this condition is very important to prevent psychophysiological trauma in a small patient.
When diagnosing phimosis in boys, surgery under local anesthesia is practically not carried out. Surgeons sometimes use general anesthesia before excision of the foreskin in newborns, provided that the baby's body is well fixed on the operating table.
Surgery for phimosis in adolescent boys and adult men is almost always performed under local anesthesia. As a rule, at this age, the stronger sex can already undergo surgical manipulations steadily and without psychological consequences. However, there are some contraindications to the use of local anesthesia for phimosis in adults. These include:
- individual intolerance to the components of painkillers,
- excessive psycho-emotional arousal of the patient,
- the appearance of pathological reactions at the injection site of the anesthetic.
Local anesthesia before removal of phimosis is carried out in several ways:
- ring block lock,
- blockage of the dorsal nerve in the penis,
- treatment of the penis with anesthetic ointment or cream.
Wrong choice of dosage of anesthetic during surgical removal of the narrowed foreskin can cause some difficulties and complications of anesthesia. For example, if a blockade of the dorsal nerve is performed (provided that additional circular anesthesia is not used), the anesthetic may not get to the branches of the frenum.
To eliminate this problem, it is necessary to introduce an additional painkiller (1-2 ml) into the patient's body, making it an injection at the base of the penis. after this manipulation, you need to wait 10-15 minutes until the drug begins to act, and only then proceed to surgical procedures.
During phimosis surgery, in no case should you use painkillers that contain adrenaline. The slightest mistake in the dosage of such a drug will lead to necrosis or ischemia of the penis. An excess amount of the pain medication for blockade of the dorsal nerve can provoke compression of the dorsal artery of the genital organ, the formation of a local hematoma or ischemia.
Ointment, cream, gel, patch for healing and resorption of postoperative sutures
Choose an ointment or gel to care for your scar, based on its size and depth. The most popular ointments are antiseptic:
- Vishnevsky ointment - A classic healing agent with a powerful elongating property, as well as the ability to remove pus from a wound.
- Vulnuzan - healing ointment based on natural ingredients.
- Levosin - powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ointment.
- Eplan - ointment of antibacterial and healing properties.
- Actovegin - improves healing, relieves inflammation and improves blood circulation to tissues.
- Naftaderm - relieves pain and improves resorption of scars.
There is another new generation tool that can effectively deal with postoperative sutures - a patch. This is not ordinary, but a special patch, which should be applied to the seam after surgery. The patch itself is a plate that fastens the incision site and nourishes the wound with useful substances.
What is useful patch:
- Does not allow bacteria to enter the wound
- The patch material absorbs wound discharge
- Non-irritating to the skin
- Passes air to the wound
- Allows the seam to be soft and smooth.
- Keeps necessary moisture in the place of a scar
- Doesn't let the scar grow
- Comfortable to use, no injury to the wound
Phimosis: does it hurt to have surgery?
The question of how the treatment of phimosis with surgery is carried out, whether it is painful to remove the narrowed foreskin, worries all men suffering from this ailment. Surgeons calm anxious patients - in any case, surgical intervention occurs under general anesthesia. The action of painkillers does not allow the patient to feel any pain when the doctor performs manipulations to excise the pathological foreskin. True, in the postoperative period for several days the wound on the penis will hurt. The attending physician prescribes painkillers to reduce discomfort and pain during rehabilitation after the elimination of phimosis.
Folk remedies for healing and resorption of postoperative sutures
If you want to improve the condition of your skin, smooth the seams and reduce scars, you should work on the problem area in a comprehensive manner (using medicines and recipes of traditional medicine).
What might help:
- Essential oil - a mixture or some one oil can affect the healing of the scar, nourish the skin and remove the effects of healing.
- Melon seeds (melon, pumpkin, watermelon) - They are rich in essential oils and antioxidants. Fresh seeds should be made gruel and applied as a compress to the damaged area.
- Pea flour and milk compress - dough should be made, which will be applied to the damaged area and held for at least an hour a day to tighten the skin.
- Cabbage leaf - old but very effective remedy. Applying a cabbage leaf to the wound will have an anti-inflammatory and healing effect.
- Beeswax - nourishes the skin at the site of the scar, relieves swelling, inflammation, smoothes the skin.
- Olive or Sesame Oil - nourishes and moisturizes the skin, tightens and smoothes scars, brightens them.
Postoperative suture seroma: what is it, how to treat it?
Seroma is a problem that very often occurs after surgery. In the place of intergrowth of capillaries, an accumulation of lymph forms and swelling forms. Serous fluid begins to appear on the scar. It has an unpleasant odor and a yellowish tint.
Seroma most often occurs in those who:
- Suffering from high blood pressure
- Overweight (obesity)
- Suffers from diabetes
- Has an advanced and advanced age
IMPORTANT: If you notice gray in your home, you should wait for it to disappear in one to three weeks. If this does not happen, be sure to consult a doctor for treatment.
What can be the treatment:
- Vacuum aspiration - suction of fluid with a special apparatus.
- Drainage - It is also produced by a special device, pumping liquid out.
Postoperative fistula: how to treat?
Fistula is a kind of channel connecting the cavity of the body (or the same organ). It is lined with an epithelium, which removes purulent discharge. If pus does not come out, then inflammation is formed that can affect the internal tissues.
Why does the fistula appear:
- The infection got into the wound
- The infection has not been completely removed.
- If the inflammatory process dragged on
- Foreign body in the body (suture threads) and thread rejection
How to eliminate fistula:
- Eliminate inflammation locally
- Remove threads from the scar if rejection occurs
- Take a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Have a vitamin course
- Flush the wound with furatsilinovy solution or hydrogen peroxide
High-quality care of the penis in the postoperative period not only prevents the occurrence of unpleasant consequences, but also allows you to relieve pain. In case of violation of medical prescriptions, lymphatic edema may develop, accompanied by separation of pus, inflammation, and an increase in temperature.
After surgery, a small suture remains on the surface of the penis. The skin of the flesh during the procedure is sutured with a self-absorbable medical thread, which does not require additional medical attention and subsequent removal. At discharge, experts say how to handle wound after circumcision in the child's home and prescribe appropriate medications.
In the first day, the member swells, may acquire a cyanotic or burgundy color. Lymphatic fluid separates from the surface of the wound. This is a normal phenomenon that does not need medical attention. Upon completion circumcisions in boys children need to find out how to care after surgery and closely monitor the condition of the child. After all, this procedure is rather painful, and the pain syndrome may not go away even when using analgesic drugs. In this case, consultation and examination of a doctor is required.
At the end of the rehabilitation period, no postoperative scars on the penis should remain. The next 2-3 months, you need to carefully monitor the hygiene of the genitals, because the final recovery of the child depends on this. Infants are easier to tolerate circumcision.This is due to the fact that they have a thin elastic epithelium, which quickly regenerates, and the postoperative wound itself is small in size. In addition, an involuntary erection, often occurring at puberty, will not cause tension and will not damage the suture.
With a question, what does it look like male circumcision you can contact your doctor, he will tell how to care after surgery for the genitals. If you suspect an infection and the appearance of other unpleasant symptoms, you must seek emergency medical attention.
The postoperative suture turned red, inflamed, festering: what to do?
IMPORTANT: There are situations when stitches and scars experience complications and do not heal well. The scar can blush, be more textured to the touch, fester and even hurt.
What to do in such cases:
- Handle the damaged area daily, depending on the magnitude of the problem, from one to several times a day.
- When processing, the scar cannot be touched or injured in any way; try not to scratch it or crush it.
- If you take a shower, dry the seam and dry with sterile gauze or a cloth.
- During processing, hydrogen peroxide should be poured in a straight stream onto the wound without using cotton wool or sponges.
- After drying the scar (after taking a shower), treat the scar with green.
- Make a sterile dressing or stick a postoperative patch.
IMPORTANT: Do not take any further measures yourself. Consult your doctor with your problem, who will prescribe you an antimicrobial, analgesic and antiseptic.
Post-operative care rules
Often, boys are circumcised in infancy, when they still can not take care of themselves on their own. Therefore, parents should know what to do after circumcision. The basic rules for caring for a baby are based on the following recommendations:
- Treatment of a wound remaining on the genitals. It is prone to infection, which can cause inflammation. Until complete healing, the wound is regularly lubricated with antiseptic agents. Also held treatment with potassium permanganate after circumcision in a child with streptocide after the procedure. Independently remove the thread from the foreskin is prohibited.
- Wiping with wet wipes instead of bathing. You can not resort to water procedures for the first few days.
- Wearing special underwear and choosing comfortable clothing. This avoids unwanted friction and trauma to the healing flesh.
- The use of medications. In the first postoperative days, not only in children, but also in adults, fever is possible. This is normal, as is pain. They are stopped with analgesics.
Important! How much a wound heals after circumcision in a child depends on the individual characteristics of the body, compliance with hygiene rules and the recommendations of a doctor. Rehabilitation usually lasts from two to five weeks.
How to properly handle seams after circumcision?
So how to handle boys after circumcision? No need to wait for the wound surface to heal on its own. The waiting process can drag on for a long time, which leads to health problems - the wound will bleed for a long time, may fester, because pathogenic microorganisms have penetrated into it.
The wound will heal faster if it is treated in a timely manner. The first treatment is carried out on the second day after surgery. It is performed slowly and carefully so as not to bring to painful sensations. First of all, you should moisten the bandages that the doctor put on at the end of the medical manipulation. Wet with hydrogen peroxide. This is necessary so that the outermost layer of the dressing, which is adjacent to the flesh of the penis, painlessly moves away from the wound, without disturbing the sutures.
After removing the bandages, you need to carefully examine the joints of the seams and the adjacent skin. If dried blood or crusts are observed, then they are washed with any antiseptic. It promotes surface disinfection, removes contaminated dirt.
To speed up recovery after circumcision, the doctor may recommend an adult male or child baths based on potassium permanganate or Furacilin. Several warm potassium permanganate crystals or one tablet of furatsilin are added to warm water; they are thoroughly kneaded. Lower the penis into the solution with the medicine, rinse the seams. It is necessary to gently press on them to exclude the process of pus formation. After manipulation, wet the penis with a dry towel.
What to smear after circumcision? To speed up the healing process, use antiseptic creams or ointments with antibiotics:
- Tetracycline ointment,
Tip: it is recommended to apply the ointment gently with a thin layer using a cotton pad or swab. You do not need to rub the medicine, it absorbs itself into the skin. After applying the ointment, a bandage from a sterile bandage is applied.
It is necessary to change the dressing 3-6 times a day. The multiplicity is due to the state of the wound surface in men. Each replacement involves a full wound treatment. Procedures are carried out within 7-10 days after the intervention. Over time, you can reduce to one dressing change per day, if there are no signs of the inflammatory process and reproductive organ edema.
Postoperative suture oozing: what to do?
If the seam oozes with the sacred, this can not be left. Try to take care of the scar daily. Rinse with a solution of peroxide or furatsilina. Apply a non-dense bandage that allows air to pass through and absorb excess discharge. If, in addition to discharge, your suture is very painful, consult your doctor for additional treatment.
Instructions for adults
Wound treatment takes place at home, but proper sterility must be ensured. Bandaging is easy. It is only necessary to prepare the necessary materials and medicines in advance, observe the sequence:
- Wash hands with soap, treat them with an antiseptic. Chlorhexidine will do.
- Soak the previous dressing so as not to hurt or injure the operated tissues. For this purpose, you can use 3% hydrogen peroxide, a decoction of chamomile or oak bark. The potassium permanganate solution is not recommended because it dries the skin. The dried peel should completely soak, only then you should carefully remove the bandage.
- Treat the wound. On the seams after circumcision, you can apply a liquid antiseptic, an antibacterial ointment. For this purpose, it is better to use a tight gauze swab so that the cotton fibers do not remain on the penis and do not get into the wound.
- Make the application of the bandage in several layers and fix it with a regular bandage, wrapping it around the penis. The dressing should not be crushing or too loose.
Possible complications after surgery
After male circumcision, complications are numerous. Some consequences pose a direct threat to the reproductive system, while others negatively affect the condition of the whole organism as a whole.
- Decreased sensitivity of the glans penis. This consequence is a variant of the norm, specialized therapy is not required. Over time, susceptibility is restored in full,
- Varicose veins of the penis. The norm is the first two weeks after surgery. Over time, everything goes away. If this does not happen, conservative treatment is required (selected individually),
- Adhesion process development. Modification of the skin of the penis can lead to curvature of the organ. Medical consultation required
- Bleeding. They are low-intensity and intense.In the first case - a variant of the norm, in the second - it is necessary to the doctor
- The formation of blood clots in the main veins and arteries of the penis. This complication is rare. Without emergency surgery, the picture only gets worse. In addition, prescribe medications aimed at leveling blood clots and increase blood circulation,
- Penis deformity is a consequence of penile curvature,
- Edema, blue skin. 2-3 days after the manipulation pass on their own.
Important: if the intervention is carried out incorrectly, then there is a chance of necrosis (death) of the penis head.
Instruction for children
Caring for a child after circumcision requires constant presence nearby and a careful examination of the wound. The baby needs to do a dressing when changing the diaper, that is, every 4-6 hours, immediately after a bowel movement or with severe wetting.
- Wash and sanitize hands before each procedure.
- Soak the bandage with a slightly warm broth of chamomile or 1% Betadine solution, carefully remove.
- Hygiene of the penis with wet wipes in the direction from the head to the navel.
- Treat the wound with an antiseptic.
- Apply the application of a sterile bandage soaked in antibacterial and healing ointment.
- Bandage the penis, not tight and not weak. If there are no contraindications, you can use the sterile dressing Kaltostat.
Postoperative head and suture care
How long does male circumcision heal? The duration of rehabilitation is determined by the individual characteristics of the body. For example, in an adult, complete healing is observed within 3-8 weeks. In childhood, everything heals a little faster - usually within one month.
If after manipulation there is a strong pain syndrome, then the use of pain medication is allowed. You can take:
In addition, it is necessary to use creams of analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties - they relieve pain, level discomfort in the head and sutures, and prevent the development of the inflammatory process. Recommended use of funds:
If the patient has itching and burning of the penis, then you can make baths based on oak bark and pharmacy chamomile. But such manipulations are permissible only in the late rehabilitation period - from two weeks or more.
It is worth knowing: to accelerate the healing process, the use of special underwear for adults and children is allowed. Panties for circulation are made of cotton fabric, have a special frame on the inside - it takes the shape of a penis. Their need is justified for young children or men who are in constant motion.
How and how to handle the penis
To remove dried blood, a thin crust of dead cells, most often the doctor prescribes a solution of Furacilin, Betadin, Hydrogen Peroxide. For antibacterial treatment and accelerate healing, one or more ointments are prescribed that have this effect:
Pros and cons of circumcision
If you put into the background the religious and cultural aspects of circumcision, then you can give quite objective reasons for this procedure - treatment of phimosis, a decrease in the risk of cancer, and an increase in the duration of sexual contact.
The benefits of the procedure are as follows:
- Excision of the foreskin helps prevent cancer in men.
- An increase in the duration of sexual intercourse. This aspect is based on the fact that the skin on the head of the penis loses a certain amount of sensitivity, as a result of which, during frictions, a man can restrain ejaculation longer.
- Circumcision is an effective AIDS treatment.It is proved that the virus primarily penetrates the foreskin, and then spreads throughout the body. At the same time, statistics note that most infected men are uncircumcised.
Another advantage of medical manipulation is its aesthetic appearance. However, this plus is a subjective opinion. There are people who, due to a certain upbringing, are embarrassed or repelled by the wrinkled skin of the foreskin.
Less procedure a bit. First of all, it is a severe pain shock. In the process of manipulation, the patient is hurt, because anesthesia is not always used, for example, if excision of the foreskin is carried out for religious reasons. Another disadvantage is hygiene issues. The foreskin of the penis helps cleanse the head of the organ. After the manipulation, you need to take care of the head yourself, as this can lead to infectious and bacterial diseases.
Circumcision should be performed in a specialized clinic, since home experiments can end in tragic consequences, up to head necrosis. During the rehabilitation period, it is necessary to carefully process the seams, take all the drugs that the doctor recommended.
The postoperative suture was divided: what to do?
Why the seam may go apart:
- The infection got into the wound
- There is a disease in the body that makes the tissues soft and inhibits rapid fusion.
- Too high blood pressure
- Stitching too tight
- Scar injury
- Man's age (after 60)
- Kidney disease
- Bad habits
- Poor nutrition
What to do:
- See a doctor immediately
- The doctor prescribes treatment based on blood tests
- The doctor applies a postoperative bandage
- The patient is observed more carefully
IMPORTANT: It is not worth it to try to heal the wound yourself after a seam diverges. In case of incorrect manipulations, you risk getting more serious complications and blood poisoning.
Postoperative suture sealing and pain: what to do?
IMPORTANT: The most common cause of compaction in the scar is seroma (accumulation of lymphoid fluid).
- Suppuration of the scar - in this case, a thorough antiseptic action follows.
- Fistula - occurs due to microbes entering the wound. It is important to have an antibacterial and antiseptic effect.
IMPORTANT: Any complication and tightening in the scar is not normal. You should regularly treat the wound, eliminating suppuration.
Why does the postoperative suture itch?
Causes of itching:
- The reaction to fastening threads - they irritate the skin
- Dirt got into the wound - the body tries to resist microbes.
- The wound heals, tightens and dries the skin - as a result, it stretches and itches.
IMPORTANT: When healing the scar, you should not scratch the fabric, as this will not bring pleasant sensations or relief, but only can aggravate the situation.
How much does the penis heal after circumcision
In children, recovery after circumcision takes 2-5 weeks. But another 2 months it is necessary to monitor the condition of the genitals, to conduct hygiene more scrupulously.
In infants, wound healing is faster because they have a thin skin fold and a small suture. The main thing is not to rub the penis if feces get on it, and exclude the possibility of the child tugging at the seam.
In men, rehabilitation takes up to six months. 2 months requires sexual rest, then it is imperative to use a condom until complete recovery.
Baths after circumcision
Additional procedures after circumcision are optional. Baths are recommended if there are side effects. In addition, they can accelerate healing and reduce discomfort:
- A cold procedure relieves stress and erection. For disinfection, add furatsilin to the water.
- Phyto-baths with chamomile, sage, oak bark have a beneficial effect, if edema persists for a long time after circumcision, inflammation and suppuration have appeared.The filtered broth should be cooled to a temperature slightly above room temperature, pour into a container to fit the entire penis. The procedure is carried out 3 times a day for 5 minutes.
How to wash
A child can be bathed two days after circumcision. The first week it is better not to use any cosmetics, then only use children's hypoallergenic products. After the procedure, be sure to treat the wound.
An adult for two days should use wet wipes or take water procedures so that the penis is not affected. Before complete healing of the joints, do not immerse yourself in the bath.
How to cope with small needs after circumcisio
Peeing after circumcision is as usual. The first 2-3 days, this can cause discomfort and minor pain, which is quite normal. But after emptying, it is necessary to wash the penis with water and treat it with an antiseptic.
The baby may be anxious and cry when urinating. This condition does not need correction, in rare cases, the doctor may prescribe analgesics.