Treatment of Peyronie's disease in Moscow: causes, symptoms and effective methods of treatment
Many men notice that their penis is not quite the right shape.
Sometimes fluctuations in size and shape are the norm and there is no need to worry.
However, sometimes a change in the shape of the penis is a sure sign of Peyronie’s disease and, depending on the angle of curvature, can be treated.
What is Peyronie's disease?
This medical term refers to a benign disease that affects the protein coat of the cavernous bodies of the male penis.
In her numerous seals or plaques begin to form. These formations can be easily felt on the back of the penis.
Sometimes they begin to form on different sides of the urethra. Sometimes in patients overgrowth of scar tissue is observed (fibrosis) of the cavernous bodies. Medical statistics have shown that approximately 30% of patients diagnosed with such fibrosis.
Unfortunately, all these changes lead to impaired erectile function, unbearable pain occurs during sexual intercourse, which makes it almost impossible. Most often, patients turn to urologists precisely with such complaints. However, the fact that only 1% of the male population suffers from this rare disease is encouraging.
The causes of the disease
For the first time, Peyronie’s disease was recorded and described by a French doctor with the same name in 1743. But even now, experts cannot tell with certainty how this disease occurs.
Afterwards a local autoimmune process begins to form in the penis. Immediately after this, fibroplastic seals form in the protein coat of the penis, which are the cause of the change in the shape of the penis.
In addition, it is known that this disease is often manifested against the background of the development of Dupuytren's contracture, nodular sclerosis of the auricles, periarthritis of the shoulder and shoulder blade, scleroderma and dermatomyositis. All the diseases listed above belong to the class of collagenoses, which often manifest together in different parts of the body.
Symptoms of Peyronie's Disease
Almost always, patients complain of the following symptoms of the disease:
- Painful erection and problems with it,
- Significant curvature of the penis,
- The presence of plaques that are easily palpated by the fingers,
- Problems with intercourse, pain.
It should be noted that in some cases the penis is so bent that normal sexual intercourse becomes almost impossible or causes serious discomfort to the partner.
Wherein neoplasms with cartilage consistency may interfere. They can reach a size of up to 3 cm.
Usually large plaques are located in the protein membrane closer to the body of the coronary groove of the penis, closer to the pubis. Depending on how the plaques are located, the urologist concludes on the type of penis curvature.
In medical practice secrete dorsal, lateral and ventral curvature of the penis. In this case, the urethra is not subjected to deformities, so the patient does not feel discomfort.
How does the disease progress?
Peyronie's disease often proceeds in a lightweight form. The patient penile plaques may appearbut they safely disappear in six months or a year without any treatment.
Moreover, the symptoms of this disease can constantly progress, either in the direction of improvement, or in the direction of worsening within a year and a half after the first appearance. Unfortunately, after the lapse of the year, conservative treatment does not give the desired effect, so doctors resort to the use of surgical procedures.
Diagnosis of Peyronie's Disease
During the reception, the urologist determines how much the disease interferes with the patient’s comfortable life. Treatment is carried out only if the disease has progressed so much that it interferes with the patient's normal sex life. After this, the urologist determines the main position of the plaques and the reason why the penis is curved.
As a rule, for this, the urologist must cause an erection. For the procedure, both natural pathogens and medications can be used.
After this, the specialist carefully feels the penis in search of plaques. But for a more detailed study, ultrasound is used and photographs are taken. They clearly show how much the penis bends during an erection.
Find out what looks like safe and dangerous phimosis in boys in the photo - perhaps you should see a doctor?
And here you can read and learn all about cicatricial phimosis
Non-surgical therapy with drugs
Drug therapy is the use of drugs.
Most often urologists use for this purpose vitamin E (procarbazine), potassium paraaminobenzoate, colchicine, tamoxifen, the amino acid L-carnitine, as well as pentoxifylline.
Unfortunately, there is constant debate in medical circles about the effectiveness of these drugs. However, most experts agree that the most effective medications are vitamin E, the amino acid L-carnitine and pentoxifylline.
Doctors believe that drug therapy can only achieve stabilization of the disease, and does not completely relieve the man of it.
Non-surgical local therapy
Such manipulations imply a direct effect on newly formed protein plaques.
Such the treatment method is used exclusively in the chronic phasewhen other treatments do not give the desired effect.
For this urologists inject verapamil or interferon directly into the plaque. Along the way, shock wave therapy is used. The funds introduced into the plaque soften it a little, which makes the penis more even.
As for shock wave therapy, doctors use the same principle used to crush hard deposits in the kidneys and gall bladder. In a more stable period of the course of Peyronie's disease, this method of treatment may become the most effective.
For these purposes, a shock wave generator is used that creates a series of pulses that soften plaques on the penis. Gradually, the penis becomes more even, and the patient's pain disappears.
However this treatment method can seriously injure the penis itself. After each stroke, multiple hematomas form on the genitals, which, when resolved, can lead to a new exacerbation of Peyronie's disease.
It should be noted that local therapy methods are used only during moderate curvature of the penis (not more than 45 °). In other cases, the patient surgery is needed.
Surgical treatment (operation)
This method of combating Peyronie's disease is used by urologists only in cases where other methods are ineffective and in case of severe curvature of the penis.
All operations performed to treat Peyronie’s disease, can be divided into implantation, shortening and lengthening.
Using this technique you can maximize align the patient's penis. However, during its use, the male genital organ becomes shorter, as the surgeon cuts out part of the protein coat on the side that is opposite to the curvature.
For example, if the penis has a curvature directed towards the upper body, then the doctor shortens the upper semicircle. When a member deforms to the right, the left is shortened, etc.
Unfortunately, after such an operation, the genitals become short. Sometimes doctors need to shorten the penis by a few centimeters in order to save the patient from the unpleasant consequences of Peyronie's disease. In this case, the individual tendency of the body to scarring is taken into account.
When, if the penis is bent more than 60 °, urologists are forced to perform lengthening operations or, in other words, corporoplasty. Also, this operation is carried out in cases where the patient does not want to significantly reduce his genitals or this is unacceptable for medical reasons.
During this operation, straightening the penis becomes possible by lengthening the protein coat at the site of the plaque. The first penile lengthening operations involved surgical excision of all densified tissues with the following replacement of the resulting defect with the help of special biological materials.
Due to its low efficiency, this technique is practically not applied, therefore, urologists suggest that the patient make a dissection of the seal in the form of the letter N. After the operation, the doctors replace the defect with the same biological materials. Also synthetic fabrics may be used in the form of patches from Dacron, Gortex, Pelvikol.
In any case, the patient must consider that lengthening operations are considered one of the most difficult, so their cost can be quite high. If the financial resources do not allow, then it is better to use cheaper shortening methods.
Implant treatment methods
When curving the penis, a similar surgical technique is often used. She has proven herself well in treating this disease in combination with erectile dysfunction, which cannot be cured with medication.
When using this method surgeons do not act on the protein coat, but replace the cavernous tissue of the penis with an implant.
It can be semi-rigid or hydraulic. The first version of prostheses is cheaper, so the patient may feel some discomfort while wearing it.
As for hydraulic prostheses, they consist of several parts: a reservoir with liquid, which is placed on the front wall of the peritoneum, working cylinders installed instead of the cavernous bodies and a pump implanted in the skin of the scrotum.
Simply press the implant and it will come into an active state. In this case, the penis becomes erect. To deactivate the prosthesis, just press lightly on the other part of the pump.
Folk remedies without surgery
In some cases, alternative medicine is an effective way to combat Peroni's disease. It allows the patient to reduce the symptoms of the disease without surgery.
Moreover, this treatment is more gentle, since slightly affects the reproductive function of men. Unfortunately, such treatment slowly affects the patient, so you need to stock up on the highest possible patience.
It has long been noticed that this disease can be treated with a decoction of chestnuts.
To do this, take 20 g of chestnut kernels, and then grind them with a blender.
The resulting mass is poured with boiling water, put on the stove and boiled for another 15 minutes on low heat.
After boiling, a decoction of chestnuts should stand until completely cooled, after which it should be filtered, using gauze. The finished broth should be taken orally once a day in a dosage of one glass. Average the course of treatment lasts 3 months.
The use of leeches for treatment
In addition, Peyronie's disease can be treated with leeches.
They dissolve scars and plaques very quickly. However, the leeches themselves can be used for treatment as raw materials.
Based on them, ointment is made. To do this, take 1/4 cup of dried leeches, which can be purchased at the pharmacy, and mix them with 15 g of heparin ointment, 2 tbsp. spoons of "Dimexidum", as well as a glass of acacia honey. Then the mixture needs to be mixed well and refrigerated.
Every evening, the patient should rub this ointment into the penis until it is completely absorbed. Usually, the course of treatment lasts until the ointment is completely over. If necessary, treatment can be repeated.
This method of treatment is considered one of the most effective among traditional healers.
To prepare such baths, collections of medicinal herbs and roots, which contain sage, are used.
Usually, three packs of such a collection are taken, which are brewed in a bucket of boiling water. So that the broth is better infused, the bucket is covered with a lid and infused for 30 minutes. Then the broth is decanted and poured into the bathroom. The patient should lie in such a bath for 15 minutes, and then go to bed to rest.
The use of herbs for the treatment of Peyronie's disease allows a man not only to get rid of an unpleasant disease, but also helps to strengthen general immunity.
To make a decoction, you must purchase sage grass, burdock root, initial letters, flaxseed and oregano from a pharmacy. All this should be thoroughly washed, and then chopped in a blender.
After that, the grass is placed in a thermos and filled with boiling water.
A decoction of herbs should be infused at night, after which it must be divided into 4 parts. The patient should take it every half an hour for food for several months. However, one must take into account the fact that some plants may be poisonous.
That's why before preparing a decoction, you should consult your doctor.
A less common method for treating penile curvature is the Nesbit technique, which was proposed back in 1965. The essence of this method is to remove several rounded sections of the protein coat of the penis on the side where the curvature is absent. After that, all acquired defects are sutured and the penis becomes more even.
Using this technique, ideal results can be achieved for the patient, however, many patients complain of worsening erection. Most likely, this is due to the deformation of the cavernous tissue that occurs during surgery. Because of this Nesbit technique is rarely used in modern medical practice.
In 1984, P. A. Shcheplev was able to offer another technique for straightening the penis. It is called plication of the protein coat. During the operation, cavernous tissue is not affected, therefore, in the future a man will not complain about the lack of an erection.
The technique consists in the application of non-absorbable sutures on the protein membrane from the side opposite to the curvature. The length of the penis is undoubtedly reduced, however, surgical intervention does not adversely affect erectile function.
Find out what are the symptoms of exacerbation of chronic prostatitis and what to do with it.
Find out here about the treatment of chronic prostatitis with folk remedies.
Causes of Peyronie's Disease
The most common cause of the development of the disease is a trauma to the penis, which occurs during sexual intercourse. This causes tearing of the connective tissue, the appearance of bruising and damage to blood vessels. Usually, the process of tissue repair occurs naturally, without any complications, but in some situations, there may be increased production of an insoluble protein - fibrin. Over time, scar tissue appears on the inflamed area, which gradually degenerates and becomes hard.
However, many experts are inclined to believe that Peyronie - this is disease in menwhich is autoimmune.They believe that the process of formation of scar tissue occurs against the background of the aggressive effects of their own immune systems on the protein membrane.
According to the genetic approach, the cause of the appearance of fibrotic changes is a violation of the processes of collagen formation, which has a congenital etiology.
Also, the above pathology can be diagnosed in infants in case of underdevelopment of the protein membrane or the presence of a shortened urethra.
In addition, the factors that provoke the risk of developing the disease include:
- The age of the patient. In men older than 30-40 years, the elasticity of the penis is significantly reduced, due to which the likelihood of injury is significantly increased,
- Diseases characterized by improper glucose uptake
- Anomalies in the development of connective tissue,
- Vascular damage, which is accompanied by the appearance of cholesterol “plaques” in the inner membranes and their narrowing,
- Destructive processes in the field of connective tissue,
- Having too short an urethral canal,
- Metabolic pathology,
- Lack of testosterone and vitamin E.
In some cases, Peyronie's disease can cause prolonged use of drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, beta-blockers and blood pressure boosters.
Also, excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco products has a very negative effect on the elasticity of the skin and blood vessels.
Peyronie's Disease Forms
The above pathology can take the following forms:
1. Acquired: accompanied by a gradual loss of elasticity of the penis and aggressive development of connective tissue, often characterized by the appearance of pain and deformation of the penis shape,
2. Congenital: associated with causes of a hereditary nature, and can manifest itself in the form of seals in the cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition, it can be classified in accordance with the following categories: depending on the degree of curvature of the penis and the size of the fibrous mass:
- The curvature of the penis can reach 30 degrees, and the fibrous mass can be measured up to 2 cm,
- The penis tilt index can reach 60 degrees, and the fibrous mass should be larger than 2 cm,
- The presence of a significant angle of curvature is over 60 degrees, and the fibrous plaque may have a size of more than 4 cm.
Methods for diagnosing Peyronie's disease
Plaques allow you to judge the presence of such an ailment. Depending on the form that it has Peyronie's diseaseprescribe appropriate medication treatment or make a conclusion about the need for surgical intervention. The following methods also allow diagnosing pathology in a patient:
- Performing a layer-by-layer image of tissues - MRI. Provides maximum accuracy in determining the state of blood flow,
- Also judge onalichii Peyronie's disease allows Ultrasound diagnostics. Based on this method, it is possible to track blood circulation in the area of the appeared formation,
- Radiography. For this purpose, cavernous bodies are filled with a special contrast fluid,
- Obtaining a small piece of tissue for the purpose of further laboratory research (biopsy),
- Detailed ultrasound - dopplerography. Helps to monitor the state of blood vessels in the genital area.
Despite the fact that Peyronie's disease lends itself treatment, with its neglected stages, serious complications may arise related to the general condition of the patient’s body and its mental state:
- Erectile dysfunction arising from the presence of pain and stress factors caused by dissatisfaction with an intimate life,
- Total lack of erection,
- Lack of fertility,
- The penis is too short
- Disorders of a psychological nature.
In case of timely contact to a specialist, it is possible to avoid the above consequences and quickly cope with the problem of curvature of the penis.
What methods are used to treat Peyronie's disease in men?
When viewed Peyronie's disease her symptoms and possible treatment, it is necessary to provide an individual approach to each patient, and this is possible only after a thorough diagnosis and obtaining accurate research results.
Next you will learn about how to treat Peyronie's disease in clinical and home conditions:
- Surgical intervention
- Shock wave therapy
- Local treatment
- Elimination of the disease with the help of medications,
- The use of folk remedies.
First of all, the patient is prescribed drug therapy, in the framework of which invasive procedures are carried out or oral anti-inflammatory drugs are administered. In severe cases Peyronie's disease treatment possible only through surgical operations. Additionally, the use of traditional medicine is allowed and physiotherapy is carried out. However, the most effective and gentle method is UHT at treatment Peyronie's disease, which will be discussed later.
Peyronie's Shock Wave Therapy
About positive results treatment of Peyronie shock wave therapy numerous evidence reviews. However, the use of this technique began relatively recently - only in the 21st century. Previously, it was resorted to in the presence of cancerous tumors in the brain, in order to avoid the increased risks that arise during surgery.
It is important to note that when the patient has a Peyronie's disease, shock wave therapy aimed at removing pathological tissues located on the penis.
Currently, small and completely UVT devices are used for the human body. As a rule, with Peyronie's diseaseshock wave therapy involves about 5-7 sessions lasting 15 minutes, after which it is recommended to take a break.
If the patient contacted the clinic in a timely manner, to achieve maximum effect and eliminate all plaques formed on the penis, 3 treatment courses with an interval of about 7-10 days are enough. Generally shock wave therapy at Peyronie's disease has positive reviews, which is due to the lack of discomfort during the procedure and almost instantly obtaining the desired result by the patient.
If you are interested, where Peyronie's disease is treated at a high level and at a reasonable cost, we offer you our services. For our competent professionals Peyronie's disease not considered a dangerous ailment because treatment carried out by UVT and accessible the price. For example, when using a red tip for one medical procedure, you will have to pay about 2 thousand rubles. In this case, an initial visit to a specialist in urology will cost you only 1,500 rubles.
|Treatment Advice Using Shock Wave Therapy (UHT)||is free|
|Primary consultation with a urologist||1500|
|Urologist repeated appointment with examination||1200|
|Peyronie red tip disease treatment procedure||2000|
|The cost of surgical treatment is determined after consultation|
- Clinic on Krasnopresnenskaya +7 (495) 126-14-90 Volkov Pereulok, d. 21
- Clinic on Warsaw +7 (495) 126-14-72 Warsaw highway, 75, building 1
- Clinic in Annino +7 (495) 116-81-76 Warsaw highway, 154, building 1
Reviews for the treatment of Peyronie's disease with shock wave therapy
During the Iranian Congress, held in 2015 by leading experts in the field of urology, the issue of Peyronie's disease and its effectiveness shock wave therapy. In addition, 13 patients participated in the study, in whom a severe form of this disease was detected, characterized by complete erectile dysfunction and severe pain.
New Peyronie Disease Treatment showed the following results:
- Partial and complete restoration of erection was recorded in 100% of men,
- Partially eliminated plaques on the genitals was able to 30% of patients, and another 30% of the subjects were able to completely get rid of pathological lesions on the penis,
- The best results of UVT were observed in males, in whom the diameter of the plaques did not exceed 5 cm.
Thus, most urologists have come to the conclusion about the maximum effectiveness of the above methods in the fight against pathological curvature of the penis and the consequences of this ailment. According to reviews, about 95% of patients managed to achieve the desired results. In doing so, contact the clinic about cure peyronie's disease better in the initial stages of the disease, in the presence of soft plaques.
If Peyronie's disease was diagnosed on Ultrasound scan, and the first signs pathology, drug therapy is carried out aimed at achieving the following effects:
- Pain reduction
- Elimination of the focus of inflammation,
- Plaque removal,
- Stop the development of the disease.
As a rule, such treatment is carried out for 6 months and involves the use of the following drugs:
- Vitamin E
- The use of antigout agents - colchicine,
- The use of a non-steroidal antitumor drug - tamoxifen, and other drugs from the NSAID group.
In some cases, patients are prescribed injections using the following drugs:
- Enzymes They help break down peptide collagen bonds and soften scars. In 65% of cases, the use of such funds reduces curvature. At the same time, the duration of treatment procedures can reach 1, 5 months. The implementation of these therapeutic measures should be carried out by a qualified doctor, since in case of improper dosage of the drug, hemorrhages may occur,
- Steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used extremely rarely: only in those situations when the period of the disease does not exceed 1.5 years, and the plaque is not fully formed,
- Verapamil. Assign in the presence of strong inflammatory processes. Its action is aimed at dissolving fibrotic plaques.
For internal administration, the following drugs are prescribed:
- Colchicine. This tool allows you to reduce pain, helps relieve inflammatory processes and prevents the formation of collagen,
- Vitamin E. Helps slightly reduce penile curvature and minimizes pain,
- Tamoxifen. It has an antitumor effect, contributes to the destruction of macrophages and T-lymphocytes,
- Potaba. Slows down the formation of fibrin,
- Propionyl L-Carotene. This tool relieves pain and reduces organ distortion,
- Pentoxifylline. Helps normalize blood circulation and increases the presence of nitric oxide in the blood, which stops the development of the disease.
In addition to the use of the above medicines, the patient can undergo physiotherapeutic procedures, which also have a number of positive effects. These include:
- Using a laser,
- Therapy due to the action of a magnetic field on the human body,
- Mud therapy
- Diadynamic current treatment
- The impact on the body of electric current with the simultaneous administration of drugs (electrophoresis),
- UVT. We examined this technique earlier. It is aimed at straightening the penis and softening plaques.
Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease
The most effective way to eliminate seals and curvature with advanced forms of the disease is surgery. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the development of the disease in each individual patient. For example, if the angle of the penis does not exceed 45 degrees, and it has sufficient dimensions, then the most preferred method is application. In this case, it is possible to cope with the defect due to the possibility of applying folds on the back of the body. For suturing tissue use a special non-absorbable material.
If the rate of curvature exceeds 45 degrees, and the genital organ is of sufficient length, the albumen is excised in the form of ellipses, and tissue is sutured on the back side. If the penis is not large enough, use the method of excision of the seal with the possibility of plastic procedures. To eliminate the resulting defect, synthetic materials are used, or a portion of the patient’s skin.
In the case of erectile dysfunction, they resort to the procedure of dildo implantation.
Surgical treatment is carried out in the Health Plus medical center with the participation of specialists of the highest category who have solid experience in the treatment of genital diseases in men.
The cost of surgical treatment is determined after consultation.
Treatment with folk remedies
Among the most effective folk remedies to eliminate this ailment include:
- Infusions on herbs. For this purpose, a collection of the following herbs is used: burdock root, oregano, flax, sage, primrose and initial letter. To achieve maximum efficiency, 2 tablespoons of the mixture is poured with 1 cup of boiling water. The finished infusion is taken in ½ cup 3-4 times a day before each meal.
- A chestnut broth. To prepare the infusion, take 20 g of chestnuts, chop and pour a glass of boiling water. For therapeutic purposes, use the pulp obtained after filtering the broth through a sieve. Take this composition is necessary for 3 months in по cup.
- Ointments of leeches are also effective with Peyronie's disease. ¼ cups of dry leeches are crushed into a powdery mass. Then, 1 cup of white honey, 2 tablespoons of demixide and heparin ointment (1 tablespoon) are added to the obtained powder. This mixture must be rubbed into the penis.
The prevention rules to prevent the risk of developing the disease are quite simple:
- It is not recommended to have sexual intercourse during excessive use of alcoholic beverages or drugs. This will prevent the possibility of injury to the penis,
- Stick to the rules of a healthy lifestyle,
- Monitor your blood pressure
- Wear quality underwear,
- Men over the age of 30 are advised to visit a urologist annually,
- Do not neglect sports activities.
- Clinic on Krasnopresnenskaya +7 (499) 252-41-35 Volkov pereulok, d. 21
- Clinic on Warsaw +7 (499) 610-02-09 Warsaw highway, 75, building 1
- Annino Clinic +7 (495) 388-08-08 Warsaw highway, 154, building 1
What it is?
Peyronie's disease is a disease in which the male penis bends due to progressive fibrotic changes in the protein coat of the penis. The disease is named for the French surgeon Francois Peyronie, who described it in 1743. Most often it affects men aged 30 to 60-65 years.
Symptoms and stages of development
Peyronie's disease manifests itself in the following symptoms:
- the appearance of seals (plaques) and fibrin strands under the skin of the penis, a decrease in its turgor (elasticity),
- pain during erection, aggravated during frictions. The symptom is caused by pressure seals on blood-filled cavernous bodies,
- gradually increasing degree of deformation of the erect penis.There are three types of curvature: dorsal (up), ventral (down), lateral (sideways).
In most cases, the pathology develops slowly. For a long time, the only symptom is barely palpable single or multiple seals under the skin of the penis. Dull pain can periodically occur and disappear. As the disease develops, the intensity of pain symptoms increases, the curvature of the penis during an erection can reach 60-90 degrees.
Reasons for development
Injury to the stem of the penis leads to rupture and displacement of collagen fibers, damage to blood vessels, the formation of hematomas. Normally, tissue regeneration occurs without consequences, but in some cases, fibroblast cells that produce large amounts of fibrin are activated. Gradually, the inflamed area is replaced by scar tissue, which over time "ripens", calcifies and becomes hard (osteogenic degeneration).
A significant part of specialists in the field of urology is inclined to the autoimmune origin of the disease, believing that the cause of scarring is an attack of their own immunity on the tissue of the protein coat. Such a pathology is not systemic in nature, like lupus or arthritis.
According to the genetic theory, fibrotic deformities develop due to an inborn violation of the processes of collagen protein synthesis.
Peyronie's disease can also be diagnosed in newborns if the urethral canal is too short or there is hypoplasia of the protein coat. There are no pronounced plaques in such cases, but neoplasms of the connective tissue are found in the cavernous bodies.
The main risk factors for the occurrence of the disease:
- age. The older the man, the less flexible the member, and therefore the risk of injury increases significantly,
- disturbances in the processes of development and regeneration of connective tissue (Dupuytren's contracture),
- vascular atherosclerosis,
- shortened urethra
- deficiency of vitamin E or testosterone.
Peyronie's disease can provoke prolonged use of a number of drugs:
- beta blockers
- agents for the treatment of cardiovascular pathologies,
- medicines that raise blood pressure.
The following drugs are injected:
- steroids. Application is advisable during the first one and a half years of the course of the disease, while the plaque is just forming. Hormonal drugs are not popular due to low efficiency,
- collagenase is an enzyme that helps soften fibrotic formations due to the cleavage of peptide bonds of collagen. It is inserted directly into the plaque perpendicular to the stem of the penis. A positive effect in the form of a reduction in member curvature is achieved in 65% of cases. The course of treatment is about 1.5 months, injections are made twice a week. With an overdose, side effects are possible: hemorrhages and the appearance of new scars due to the decomposition of capillaries,
- interferon. The degree of effectiveness of the drug in Peyronie’s disease is still being investigated.
- verapamil. It is prescribed for injection into acute and chronic non-calcified plaques. It has a direct antifibrotic effect.
Preparations for oral administration:
- Vitamin E. Able to slightly reduce pain and slightly smooth out the deformation of the penis,
- colchicine. Slows down the production of collagen and activates collagenase, has an anti-inflammatory effect. Of the side effects of taking the pills, diarrhea is often noted,
- tamoxifen. It has antitumor and antiestrogen properties. Deactivates T-lymphocytes and macrophages,
- potassium para-aminobenzoate (potaba). Slows down the formation of fibrin,
- pentoxifylline. It increases the level of nitric oxide and improves blood microcirculation, due to which not only the development of deformation slows down, but also in some cases its regression is observed,
- propional L-carnitine. With regular use, it can reduce pain and the degree of curvature of the penis.
The course of treatment usually consists of a combination of various types of medicines and vitamins.
Physiotherapy is an effective complement to medical treatment. The following methods are used:
- extracorporeal shock wave therapy (shock wave therapy). The degree of curvature of the penis is almost not affected, but it relieves pain,
- traction (traction) of a member using a special device - an extender,
- iontophoresis with dexamethasone, verapamil, lidocaine. Relieves pain and reduces the size of formations,
- Massage using heparin ointment to improve hemodynamics in the penis.
Of the conservative methods, injections of verapamil, interferon, and traction are recognized as the most effective. The feasibility of the remaining methods of treatment requires additional research and confirmation.
Occasionally, it is possible to get rid of Peyronie's disease using folk methods. It should be noted that treatment at home should be carried out after diagnosis and under the supervision of a specialist.
As an aid, a decoction of chestnuts with honey is used. Recipe: 20 g of nuts are poured into a glass of water, boiled for 15 minutes. Then the broth is filtered and taken at 1/3 cup per day. Honey is added to soften the bitter taste.
The original way to treat Peyronie's disease is hirudotherapy. The substances that leeches secrete in the wound contribute to the dissolution of collagen. Using this method on your own is not recommended. At home, you can prepare an external remedy based on dried leeches: ¼ a glass of raw materials mixed with heparin ointment, a glass of honey and two tablespoons of a solution of dimexide. Gently rub into the skin of the penis at night. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator.
Since Peyronie’s disease is mainly triggered by injuries, the most effective preventive measure will be careful handling of the penis:
- in sex it is better to avoid positions where the girl is on top, especially for men in the pre-retirement and retirement age,
- exclude sexual intercourse while intoxicated,
- choose panties and trousers that do not squeeze the genitals.
If any seals in the penis are found, the man should not wait for the curvature of his form and self-medicate. Timely requesting a consultation with a urologist will preserve the erectile function and eliminate the need for surgery.
According to etiology, the following forms of the disease are distinguished:
- Acquired form - characterized by a gradual loss of elasticity and proliferation of the connective tissue of the penis, leading to distortion of the shape and the occurrence of pain,
- Congenital form - often due to a genetic factor and finds its manifestation in the densification of the cavernous body of the genital organ.
In addition, there are three categories of Peyronie's disease, depending on the degree of curvature of the penis and the size of the fibrous mass:
- 1st category - penis curvature up to 30 degrees, fibrous plaque size up to 2 cm,
- Category 2 - the angle of curvature is from 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaque is from 2 to 4 cm,
- Category 3 - the appearance of a strong angle of inclination from 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaque from 4 cm.
Symptoms of Peyronie's disease (see photo):
- Erectile dysfunction - worsening of an erection (the penis does not increase to the required size and does not harden).
- Penile curvature. This symptom is visible visually.
- Pain syndrome. At the time of an erection, the patient experiences pain, which makes the result of sexual intercourse very painful.
- Functional reduction of the male penis. This is the result of organ distortion.
- Penis curvature (towards the abdomen, or scrotum, or sideways).
- Sometimes in the place where the plaque is located, the skin may be stretched.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis, observed even during a relaxed state.
- The presence of a plaque that looks like a seal under the skin of the penis and sometimes reaches a large size - up to 3 cm, which negatively affects local blood circulation.
- Irregular penis shape. In some cases, when there are several plaques, the genitals take an irregular shape in the form of the neck of a bottle, hourglass, etc.
Algorithm for the treatment of patients with Peyronie's disease, which is at an early stage of development:
- Pain relief.
- Removal of inflammation.
- Resorption of plaque.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
Treatment should last at least six months.
At this time, drugs such as:
- Vitamin E.
- Drugs from the NSAID group.
- Tamoxifen, etc.
Experts do not recommend injecting any drugs directly into the plaque itself. The fact is that even minor damage to the integrity of the genital organ can increase fibrosis. However, sometimes it is not possible to do without injections.
For this purpose, use drugs such as:
- Steroidal. They are used only if the person has been ill for no more than 1.5 years and the plaque has not formed completely. Hormones are rarely used, since they do not allow you to achieve the desired effect.
- Enzymes (collagenase). This tool allows you to soften scar tissue, as it breaks the peptide bonds of collagen. The drug is injected into the plaque perpendicular to the penis. In 65% of cases, it is possible to reduce the curvature. Treatment lasts 6 weeks. Injections put 2 times in 7 days. The procedure should be carried out by a professional, since an overdose of the enzyme is dangerous for hemorrhages and the appearance of new sites of fibrosis.
- Interferon To date, there is no accurate data on the effectiveness of the use of this drug.
- Verapamil. This drug is injected into calcified plaques and into fibrosis sites in an acute inflammatory process. It helps to dissolve such areas.
For oral administration, drugs such as:
- Vitamin E. It slightly reduces the deformation of the organ and helps to reduce the intensity of pain.
- Colchicine. The drug prevents the production of collagen and activates its own collagenase, and also helps to reduce pain and inflammation. However, during administration, many patients begin to suffer from liquefaction of the stool.
- Tamoxifen. This drug has an antiestrogenic and antitumor effect. Thanks to his intake, T-lymphocytes and macrophages die.
- Potaba. This drug is designed to slow the production of fibrin.
- Pentoxifylline. In a patient receiving this drug, the blood supply to the organ improves, and the content of nitric oxide in the blood rises. This stops the progression of the disease and even contributes to its reverse development.
- Propionyl L-Carotene. This drug can reduce the degree of deformation and reduces the intensity of pain.
In addition to the use of medications, a physiotherapeutic effect on a diseased organ may be recommended to a man:
- The use of diadynamic currents.
- Laser treatment.
- Mud treatment.
- UVT. In this case, a special device is used, which is a source of pulses. The doctor directs them directly to the site of fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. In order to be able to realize UVT, the curvature should not be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to remember that using any drug on your own is prohibited! This can cause serious complications and health problems.
Surgical treatment is more effective, as it allows you to simultaneously correct the curvature and remove the densified nodes. The method of surgical intervention is determined in each case of Pironi disease individually. So, if the curvature of the penis is less than 45 degrees, and its length is sufficient, then plication, when the correction of the defect occurs due to the application of folds on the opposite side, is most preferable. The fabric is sutured with non-absorbable suture material, the penis loses somewhat in length, but the likelihood of complications is minimal.
With a sufficient length of the penis and a curvature of more than 45 degrees, the white membrane is excised in the form of ellipses, and on the opposite side of the curvature, suturing with non-absorbable suture material is performed. If the penis is not long enough or if the patient refuses the above methods, they resort to dissection or excision of the plaque, followed by the use of plastic. The defect of the protein membrane is eliminated with the help of the vaginal membrane of the testicle, skin flap, or synthetic materials.
If Peyronie's disease occurs with erectile dysfunctions, then the optimal solution is falloprosthetics or phallo-implantation. This allows you to eliminate problems with erection and correct the curvature of the penis.